EBF/pumping and Questions?

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Question- Should I pump while home with baby? In between the times she is nursing? I'm uncomfortably full at times but finding time to pump with three kids at home is a little difficult.
Background info- I went back to work when baby was 5w. Breastfeeding is going great and she is taking a bottle well (only given when I'm not home) I strictly bf at home and give expressed milk with bottle when working. I pump 2-4 times a day at work only and get 12-20 ounces. She is eating about 2oz every 2 hours from a bottle while I'm working ( 8-10oz total)
-I am pumping more than she is eating. Even when I'm home she doesn't nurse until I'm "empty"
Question- Should I pump while home with baby? In between the times she is nursing?

If you pump while you are at home with baby, in between nursing sessions your body will produce even more milk. I would suggest manually expressing just enough so that you aren't uncomfortable.

And if you feel you are making too much milk then maybe reduce the number of times you pump when you are at work. Or pump 2 ounces at work every 2 hours so that you have that amount she would need. Or if your only pumping twice at work stop once you have 6ozs each session. Then you would keep with her demand and your body would stop producing extra milk which would make you more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->