Ectopic? Chemical Preg? Emergency? Please help!

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I'm sorry I had no idea where to post this. It's so weird and confusing.

I started testing early because I just "felt" pregnant. Well before AF was due. I wasn't even trying and it was a complete surprise. I got very very faint positives, so faint I didn't believe them. Then I got a couple negatives. Thought it was my imagination.

I had what I know to have been IB 6 days ago. It was brown, stringy, and happened only once. Then went on to nothing but clear/white discharge for days.

I started getting awful low back pain. Really awful. Thought it was just another pregnancy symptom. I've been pregnant twice before and I always had some back pain.

I took another 2 tests yesterday and they both came out light positive, but dark enough that I didn't have to question the results. Literally seconds after I had POAS the second time (positive), I wiped and noticed bleeding. I thought maybe it was just spotting.

The bleeding got heavier and heavier. This morning, it was this awful mess of extremely dark blood (looked almost black) in the water, but nearly nothing on the pad or tp. All pregnancy symptoms are still there but the pain in my back and "down below" are so awfully bad I have no idea what's going on! The back pain is this shooting/stabbing pain. I have no regular AF cramps, either.

I haven't tested again because I assumed all the bleeding meant an early miscarriage. The pain is scaring me though. Should I go to the ER? I think I would still be less than 5 weeks at this point. I had already made an appointment with the OB for Thursday to confirm my pregnancy, so maybe I should just wait until then to get checked out?

If it is severe enough, I would get checked out. You don't want to wait, severe pain is a symptom that your body is trying to fight something that it normally doesn't have to. I'm sorry, it might be nothing but you will never know until you see a doctor.

Good Luck Sweetie!!!

if i was bleeding heavily and in a lot of pain (and it wasn't time for my AF) i'd get checked. good luck :)

Agree. Did the pain/bleeding continue? When I was pg, at about 7 weeks I got crazy cramps and passed a huge clot. There was a lot of dark blood, almost black, and I spent 12 hours in a busy ER with a diagnosis of a cyst rupture that threatened a miscarriage. Baby was fine, but you need to see a doctor no matter what the outcome is. Idk if it's worth the ER bills and idk how quickly you can get an appointment.

I went to the OB yesterday. She did a pelvic exam. I said I felt very pregnant and I know what that feels like. She said she believed me and sent me for blood work (I have not gotten the results yet).

Bleeding has been on and off. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light, sometimes nothing at all. It's all over the water in the toilet but on pad and tp, it's only spotting really. It went from dark to bright red to rust colored. It's been a day and a half I guess since it first started. No more clots, no abdominal cramps like a normal super heavy period. Only back pain and every pregnancy symptom I can imagine. She did say that with the amount of bleeding she saw, she couldn't imagine the pregnancy continuing but that she's seen stranger things happen.

Strangely, I took a FRER test today just out of odd curiosity and the line I used to have to squint to see is now more visible. :shrug:

I have had implantation bleeding very very late with both my other children, but I don't remember how heavy the last one was...only that I remember it lasting two days and believing it was my period.

I'm very confused. Doctor says we'll wait for blood and if it shows the chemical, I will be sent back to see if it's rising or falling. I'll wait and see.

Good luck hun. I have my fingers and toes crossed for the best outcome xx

I hope everything turns out great for you!! Keep us updated :)

Good Luck to you! Hope everything turns out alright!

I went in for a pelvic and internal ultrasound. I also had more blood work done. I have an appointment tomorrow to go over the results. The doctor has called to make sure everything was in order but has not told me anything about the test results over the phone.

The pain continues though the bleeding stopped a long time ago. I will update tomorrow after I get to see the doctor.

i saw this thread had a recent post and had to come see if you had any updates.

i'm thinking of you! good luck.

they didn't even tell you the results of the ultrasound? i am currently going through kind of the same thing and am going to the doctor tomorrow. spotted brown when i should have gotten my period then pains on my right side started. have very very faint maybe not even positive test. we werent trying to get pregnant but i'm scared it's ectopic.

So I got to see the doctor. I had complete blood work done along with a pelvic and internal ultrasound.

She said my HCG was <2 (though I did have a positive HPT about 2 weeks ago. She says that was probably a chemical, then). But she said my prolactin level was super low and because I had a really strange light period this month, that should be checked out.

She then said that my ultrasound showed a "small bit of tissue" in my uterus. She said it looked almost like a "double lining" but that she assumes is a uterine septum and that I hadn't seen it before because both of my previous pregnancies had pushed it out of the way or something. She said my lining measured 6mm on the one side of this tissue and 9mm on the other side.

For some reason, it didn't even occur to me while I was in the office that I had an internal ultrasound with that office in May of 2012 when I was not pregnant and this tissue was not present, meaning it's not a uterine septum. So what else could it be? No idea.

By the way, still large amounts of pelvic and lower back pain. Still a bunch of pregnancy symptoms. Still all kinds of weirdness going on, but she doesn't feel the need to explore the ultrasound any further because she decided it was this septum and that I'd had a chemical pregnancy so all is well in the uterus department.

It is not well and now I have no idea what to do! I will call back Monday and tell her that the septum thing is unlikely. Meanwhile, I'm still dealing with pain and now I have to seen an endocrinologist about my prolactin level.

I'm more confused now than I was when I went to see the doctor!! :cry:

sheesh!! i'm so sorry things are still left unanswered. i'm thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->