Ectopic or chemical?

summerbreeze8

Proud new Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am new to this site, but have been reading the forums for months. Just wanted to share my story to see what u think. My background: I am 31 my dh is 30 and we have been ttc for 9 mths. Been using agnus castus, epo, vits b6 & 12 because I have a short luetal phase of 8-9 days. Since I came off bc I have had cramps and pains on & off throughout my cycle, always different. I was sure I had endo or cysts but had no other symptoms. Went to my doctors after 7 months and he did CD21 tests which all came out 'normal' and fine. This kept me going for a while but still wasn't sure. I have been charting for last 3 months & using OPK's for 4 and pre-seed last 2 months.
2 days ago I was 6dpo and got some pretty bad lower abdominal pains and a bloated sore stomach. Out of interest I did an opk & it came out fairly dark, so I did an early pregnancy test. I got a VERY faint line, so faint my dh said he couldn't see it! I was scared & excited at the same time. I managed to hold out until the next morn and tested with first morning urine & again a faint line, but a bit darker! The pains were still there tho so I went to see the nurse.
The nurse took a urine sample and said congratulations you are pregnant and hugged me! I didn't know what to think - still in pain & only 7dpo I wasn't going to get too excited yet. She sent me to see the doc who sent me to the hospital for a scan as I had the pain on one side.
After a whole day in the hospital yest, where the scan showed nothing in my uterus (would it be too early anyway?) and a blood clot in my right tube. One doctor told me I was pregnant but they were keeping me in in case of ectopic, then took bloods.
Later I was told it was an ectopic fail by another doc and they would test my bloods again tomorrow. Last night I had some brown blood, but no heavy bleeding. I don't know if I'm pregnant/experiencing a possible ectopic or because it was so early and I have a short luetal phase, a chemical??????
Any replies/comments would be great, I know supportive you all are.
Thanks.

You normally dont feel pain from an ectopic till around 5-6 weeks and by then they can see it in the tube. You could have a corpus luteum cyst causing the pain. You do need to be watched very carefully, ectopics are nothing to mess with. They should be doing series of bloods plus scanning you in a week/few days to see if anything is in the tubes. They are hard to detect and it does take awhile because its so early, make sure your persistant with them and you find out the cause of the pain. Did they say if the blood clot in the tube could cause the pain, sounds like a good suspect as well?? Goodluck hun, really hope its not an ectopic.:hugs:

Hi Summerbreeze, I didn't want to read and run. I think it would be early to see anything yet on a scan. Usually not until 6 weeks or so. Did you do a home test today? I had a very early mc last month (chemical) where the home pregnancy tests kept getting fainter and fainter over the course of a few days. I always used the same type of tests with FMU. Will they do another blood pregnancy test to make sure levels are rising appropriately? Have the pains gotten any better???? You do feel some strange sensations in your uterus area the first few weeks of pregnancy - like a pulling warm sensation... (at least I did with my two kids years ago).

I hope you get a sticky bean in the right place! :hugs:

Sorry to say babes but it sounds like it could be an ectopic to me especially with the blod clot in the tube. I pray and hope it is not. I have felt pain at all different times with my ectopics I always had brown bleeding. I am sure they will monitor your blood to see what is happening. Big hugs.

Hi girls, thank you sooo much for your responses. It just feels good to talk to others that know what you are talking about! To update, I had some red blood yesterday & the pains had subsided, which made me think it was a chemical and it was just my period (although much lighter than my normal period) Today the blood is brown again.
Went back to the hospital to have my bloods taken this morn(they are calling me later with results) and the doctor I spoke to seemed to know nothing about my case, hadn't even read my file, and started telling me that 9 months isn't long to try, just RELAX and everything will be ok blah blah, he was making me so angry!!
Then when I started talking about my luetal phase he asked me what my profession was because I seemed to know a lot of medical terms! I'm not sure if he was just there to take my blood and I pounded him with questions, but he seriously didn't seem to know anything!
I only had one hpt left and when I did it yest, the line was even fainter than the first time I did it, which makes me think my numbers will be down today, but I would still like another scan to find out what actually has happened!
Puppy Mom sooooo sorry to hear about all your losses. XXXXX

Thanks hun the dr you talked to sounds like an idiot. Dont u just hate it when you know more than they do. Hope your bloods come back down so you at least can rule out an ectopic. Glad the pain has stopped.

Quick update - just to write it down really! I'm still playing the waiting game. Was convinced it was a chemical but now I'm not so sure. On Monday my hcg was 168 and my progesterone was 18 (low-ish) on Wednesday my hcg was 175 and prog exactly the same. So my numbers have plateaued - not going up, not going down! The nurse said this can happen sometimes before it goes down and I'm still bleeding, so all signs point towards early miscarriage. I couldn't help myself but poas today - even tho I knew it would come up bfp because of my hcg levels and it did! My temps are still high and boobs still sore so feeling pregnant but bleeding & waiting for hormones to go down- not a happy place.

summer,
So sorry u r still in limbo. I hope they continue to monitor your levels because with all of my ectopics my level rose but not at the level they should have.

Summer, I hope you get some answers soon... Not knowing anything for sure is so frustrating. I hope you are feeling well... Take it easy and try to relax... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->