Ectopic surgery *rant*

Hera

Mum of Gorgeous Girlie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have popped over from June sunflowers cus at 6 weeks exactly I started to have very very bad cramps and then started bleeding a little. Everything seemed to move so fast but my hubby came home from work and took me to GP who sent me with a letter to A&E, from there within a few short hours I was in ultrasound scan confirming my pregnancy was alive and well but living inside my right tube and bleeding (they said I was lucky as it was caught just in time before rupture), within less than an hour I was in surgery. I had keyhole surgery (plus a little bigger slice at bottom of belly) to remove pregnancy and my right tube.........my hubby had to take my 16month daughter home to bed and I knew he wasn't going to make it back in time to see me in theatre, I was so scared and literally thought as they walked out the door I would never see them again. I spent one night in hospital and. Am now home in bed, I didn't think I would feel this bad, soooo sore and the gas running round my body is killing my Neck and chest. I am not a good patient as think I should just get up and get on with it but my body doesn't want to let me - am I being a big girl? Should I be up and doing things by now? It has left me feeling really confused and empty we were going to move to another house so we could expand our family but now it's all in a holding pattern because I don't know wat will happen with only one tube (and I am 37). Sorry this is nothing more than a rant. Just needed to get it off my chest xx :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss and everything else you had to go through.

If today is your first day home, resting is definitely best. With my first ectopic surgery I stayed in bed for the first 5 days. If you do that I definitely recommend getting up and walking a little a couple of times a day. I didn't with my first and ended up being very sore when I did finally decide it was time to get up and do things. The second time around I rested for a couple of days and then went on with everything I normally do around the house, but it took my incisions longer to heal because of that I think.

Your body will pretty much tell you what you should and shouldn't do though. Taking it easy for a few days is definitely helpful though.

As far as pain from the gas they use in surgery, it was painful for me too! Mine ended up settling in my shoulders and back of my neck, causing me to barely be able to turn my head. I went to see a massage therapist for it, and an hour later it was completely gone. So that's an option for you if it gets too painful.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you feel better soon! :flower:

Just wanted to say thank you Blue - I am so sorry it has taken me so long but I haven't come back since everything happened :/ really appreciate you taking t he time to answer seeing as I was having a rant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->