Ectopic - when did you start to try again?

ehjmorris

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Ive just recently had an ectopic on my left tube, unfortunately it ruptured and they took my tube.

my tests are still showing some hcg in system. I was advised to at least wait one period before trying again.
Obviously the bleeding with the ectopic doesn’t count.

I know in my heart I want to try again when we are able but I am scared of it happening again.

Anyone have any advice?

C68036D4-9A76-4781-B92D-8FFF7441061D.jpeg

I don't have any advice just wanted to say sorry about the ectopic pregnancy. Hope you recover soon and get a healthy pregnancy in the near future ❤:hugs:I'd say when you feel comfortable trying again then go for it!! xx

Hiya, firstly so sorry. I had an ectopic back in May 2021, thankfully no rupture & I had it treated with a methotrexate injection. Because of the toxicity of the injection I was unable to try again for 3 months anyway, and after that time period passed We didn’t feel in a rush to but equally weren’t preventing. I was really terrified especially as there was no known reason for the ectopic, I have already got one toddler. I was told chances of ectopic happening again for me was 1/10, so relatively low but still terrified me. Anyway I got pregnant November 2021 and all was fine but but was still a worrying experience and I did get an early scan to rule out another ectopic. I’m now 20 weeks. I didn’t do anything differently that I can think of, I think it’s more when you are emotionally ready but I would really recommend when you do try to push for an early reassurance scan if you can! Even before heartbeat stage they can detect sac in uterus and rule out ectopic. This REALLY put my mind at rest I don’t think I’d have been able to cope waiting till 12 weeks especially as I didn’t have any symptoms with my ectopic. I really hope you get your rainbow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->