Ecv- any experiences?!

Zfbaby

Reaction score
Just been told that I may have to have a ecv to turn my baby from the oblique position.
Has anyone had any experience with this? I've heard it tends not to work and can be very painful. I've also heard it can be dangerous to baby. Just wondering what to expect if I do indeed have to face one.

I opted not to have one and my baby turned at 37 weeks after some encouragement from us. the success rate at my hospital is only 33% with a 15% chance of bringing on early labour so i said no. I do know people that have had it done who say it was just uncomfortable rather than painful and who it worked for though!

Thanks! What sort of encouragement did you give him? Was it bouncing on the ball or yoga etc?

Thanks! What sort of encouragement did you give him? Was it bouncing on the ball or yoga etc?

I had a look on the spinning babies website and did a few of the exercises on there including the belly 'sifting' which feels brilliant!

I had details all ready for various acupuncture techniques etc but didn't get to use them in the end.

The statistics for the amount of babies who dont turn in the end are quite low. I hope yours cooperates for you!

I also used the spinning babies breech tilt which worked xx

I had an ecv with ds1... Best thing I could've done!
I waited til 37 weeks and he still hadn't turned so I figured I'd rather try it than just give up and book a c section. It was painful but nowhere near as bad as I expected as I was given an injection to relax the uterus. Baby was scanned and monitored before during and after the procedure to make sure there was no risk, no distress and no sign of early labour. He stayed head down and I had him naturally at 39+3.

^its worth me mentioning that where I live, they don't give you the injection which played quite a big part in my decision!x

My lo was still breech at 39 weeks, I opted for the csection over the ecv, the odds of it being successful were sucky and I was told there is a high chance baby could become distressed and have to have an emergency section. When she was born they said she had a small cord which could have been why she couldn't turn so good job I didn't try the ecv!

Certainly shows that mothers instincts shouldn't be ignored.
I've been told that's it's not that successful and can harm my baby but they still seem keen to try it. I'm not keen that's for sure.

I know somebody who had it done a few times during her last few weeks of pregnancy. It was always successful at turning the baby but it turned back every time within a few hours! She said it was painful and used gas&air

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->