Ecv for breech baby

bababear

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the ecv procedure 2 try & manipulate the baby round to the correct position 4 birth? My dr said he would offer me this if my baby is still breech @ 37 weeks, I thot at first I would give it a go rather than just opt 4 a section but the more I read up on it I'm not 2 sure about it.

I just had this done on Monday, it was unsuccessful (feet up by her ears) but at least they tried!
I couldn't relax as I have a total hospital fear but they really put me at ease & let me have gas & air. I had a relaxant injection & then around half hour later was tipped on a bed & the Doctor tried moving her. Basically a lot of pushing & manouevering. It's uncomfy but can't really remember much due to the gas!
Don't worry about it, it's totally worth it to try & get the wee one moving! If it doesnt work, at least you have tried!
Hope you get on ok xxx

I had this done a few days ago at 37 +2 and it was successful. My baby was footling breech. I felt it was worth trying because I really don't want a c-section. So far 5 days later baby is still head down so hoping he/she stays that way. It was painful but only lasts around 2 minutes so it was tolerable.

How long have you got left hun? My bubs didnt turn until around 36 1/2 weeks.

My friend had the EVC done at 37 weeks and it was successful and then 3 days later she had her little girl. Obviously the bubba didn't like getting pushed around and wanted a quick exit!

I think people's opinions on the topic will vary on whether it was successful or not (I'm not sure what the statistics are though)

Hopefully you'll go for your next appointment and bubba would have moved anyway :)

xx

I had it done with my first baby, 13 years ago :)
It was done at 37 weeks and was successful, went on to go overdue.

Its worth a try, they monitor you very closely, if I had to have it done again I would, anything to avoid a section!.
xx

I had one at 42 weeks. They tried three times, but ultimately it was unsuccessful. I didn't find it painful, more uncomfortable - and I'd rather attempt ECV again this time than have another C-Section!

I had one with my first at 38 weeks and it was successful :) It was quite painful, but didn't last long and was totally worth it I think. Even if it had been unsuccessful I would still try it again with a subsequent breech baby to try and avoid a c-section, because they monitor the baby so it's safe for them.

I did go overdue afterwards though (42 weeks) which might have been because the baby was breech for so long, or might just be how long I would have gone anyway. This one's not breech (touch wood!) so I'm hoping I won't go so overdue!

Thanks everyone, I'm 33 weeks but have been getting growth scans every few weeks & the baby's been breech 4 a while & the midwife said there's a good chance the baby won't change position as it hasn't for a wee while. But I feel I've got a few weeks to go & there is still the chance of turning so I'll keep my fingers crossed, I'm going to try accupuncture 2. Sounds like it's worth a few minutes of pain & discomfort if it works & if not at least I tried.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->