Edmonton?

I have been thinking of taking my LO swimming too, i am kinda hoping i could lose the tire on my waist before i show up in a pool, i hope soon. I live in the South East and i know the Millwoods location should be open, you just have to check the schedule. Second option is Millenium place in Sherwood park.

Question about swimming, could it lead to hear infection. I am so scared of LO getting hear infection since i had them as a kid and i still remember the pain from when i was 7 years old.

I have been thinking of taking my LO swimming too, i am kinda hoping i could lose the tire on my waist before i show up in a pool, i hope soon. I live in the South East and i know the Millwoods location should be open, you just have to check the schedule. Second option is Millenium place in Sherwood park.

Question about swimming, could it lead to hear infection. I am so scared of LO getting hear infection since i had them as a kid and i still remember the pain from when i was 7 years old.

Im honestly not too sure. Ive taken Ava once and she did great. didnt get an ear infection but we kept her ears out of the water. Thanks for the suggestions ill have to look into it. id really like to take her again she really liked it the first time. I felt like a fool with the belly i still have but it was all well and worth it.

Lol! i just notice i kept using hear instead of ear:)
Did you put Ava in swimming diapers i think they are called swimmers, and was she okay with the cold water?

ACT is one of my fav, sucks about it being closed. Mill Woods is good too. I also like the "other" pool in Sherwood Park (since I'm on the east side of the city).

Kinsmen Leisure Centre

Not crazy about our nieghbourhood pool, but it's closed for the next year for updates anyways. I think that's all the pools I've tried with Edward.

Not sure about ear infections, E has only had one and I couldn't say that anything in particular caused it.

Lol! i just notice i kept using hear instead of ear:)
Did you put Ava in swimming diapers i think they are called swimmers, and was she okay with the cold water?

Yeah we just put her in little swimmers and a bathing suit we had for her. When we took her swimming near my moms place in Saskatchewan they had a special pool for babies that was warmed so she didn't get cold. It was really nice.

Thanks ladies, those reusable diapers are cute, especially for my little guy, i wonder if they have swimming trunks for baby boys lol! I like the idea of having a warm pool for the babies,n they should really have them at every pool, my LO does not like to be cold i wonder how he will react to the pool.

ACT doesn't have a special place for babies, but it is actually a very warm pool everywhere as it is a special needs pool.

Mill Woods and the one I listed for Sherwood Park have baby pools that are warmer :thumbup:

I'm still looking for resuable trunks for Edward, but the "speedo" look is pretty fun :rofl: If I find trunks I'll post it here.

ACT doesn't have a special place for babies, but it is actually a very warm pool everywhere as it is a special needs pool.

Mill Woods and the one I listed for Sherwood Park have baby pools that are warmer :thumbup:

Thanks Codegirl, i will check out the Sherwood park location once it warms up.

Yes I love Millinium Place! And its warm! We should all go sometime! Plus they have the indoor playground and its so cheap!

Forgot about this thread again! Sorry :D

Yeah, I don't currently own a bathing suit either. And now that I am preggo I am just getting fatter by the day lol

Forgot about this thread again! Sorry :D

Yeah, I don't currently own a bathing suit either. And now that I am preggo I am just getting fatter by the day lol

Well, you will have a good excuse for the tummy, i don't i had the baby 5 months ago and i still look 5 months pregnant lol!

Hello ladies
If you had the opportunity to contribute to a local community forum what would you like to see in the Parenting/Family section?

I frequent Connect2Edmonton forum and they don't have a family section. I suggested they had a family section and they are looking for ideas on what could be included. Any idea?

https://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum/index.php

here is the area for suggestions
https://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19791

I know this is an old thread, but I'm from Edmonton too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583