Egg Donor

skippy

Got my furbabies :)
Reaction score
Hope no-one minds me posting here but I'd like to get advice on egg donating. Its something I would love to do one day, especially seeing how much some people want a child and can't have one is heartbreaking. I can't do it at the moment, but once I reach 18 I would love to do it and was wondering if any of you ladies would consider using an egg donor if you were given the option? (not me specifically, just in general)

:flower:

Yes I would use an egg donor if my eggs weren't any good. Being an egg donor is a wonderful gift you can give to so many families. Being an egg donor allows a women the oportunity to carry and deliver what will ultimately be her and her husbands baby.
Adoption gives couples the chance to be parents, but egg donors allow the couple to experience the WHOLE journey.

Good for you, I think it is a wonderful gift your going to one day give.

I would use an egg donor if my eggs weren't good as well and I have already decided that I will donate my eggs once I have had my children as I know how tough this journey is and hope I can help someone in the future!

xx

We are considering an egg donor now, as we have been ttc for 19 mos., and are over 40. My FSH is good for my age, and my count is good, but, according to my RE, egg quality can't really be assessed until IVF is attempted. Since my insurance doesn't cover IVF, it seems like it'd make sense to move straight to DE, rather than spend the $$$$ on IVF with my eggs, since I'm 44 already. It's not my first choice, of course, but I'd rather start our family already, instead of spending more time in agony, minus a lot more money, to potentially get to the same place.

I have been an egg donor and it is a wonderful experience. As long as you aren't afraid of needles and follow the instructions as giving to the tee, it's relatively painless and rewarding. The couple I donated to remained anoymous but we retrived 16 eggs and they got preggo on the first go around! Last I heard from the Egg Donation Coordinator they were looking to try for baby #2 with the other frozen embroyes. Even though I will never meet them or the child/children that share my DNA it's okay because I KNOW how hard this is and I know that baby is loved and wanted and that's why I did it. And with the $ I was also able to pay for my tubal reversal so for me it was a double chance at life!

I say if you feel it, you should definately go for it! You won't regret it....

Wow thank you! Thats so great that they got pregnant on the first go! Not to be cheeky or anything but I didn't know you would get paid for it, and if you don't mind me asking (obviously I'm not doing it for the money) how much do they pay you?

Are you in the uk Skippy? I think they tend only to take eggs from those who have completed their families (unless its a private arrangement) and also in the UK you presently only get expenses (ie travel, a days loss of earnings if you loose pay by being off). This may change but thats the law as it stands.

Its a very virtuous thing to do but bear in mind any child conceived may come knocking on your door at the age of 18 and that is something to bear in mind.

Otherwise good luck, and it is the ultimate gift you could give anyone. My oh's twins are egg donation, and they would not be here had it not been for the kind spirited donator. XX

I think egg donation is wonderful and yet a very incredibly large important decision!!!!!!!

I know here too you must be finished with having your own family to donate eggs. And like Crypto said in 18 years someone may be looking for you or you may feel different too.

I think it is great that you are thinking about the option now - but I would recommend much more thought and time (much older than 18) to make a decision this big.

Thank you both for your replies, I am in the UK, and have looked and apparently they only take eggs from women finished having their family because of the risks involved, I understand they can freeze eggs, and was thinking if there was any lasting damage I could have eggs frozen for me just incase I wish to use them in future years:shrug:

Take it from someone who has suffered fertility problems do not gamble with your own fertility future.

As altruistic as your intentions are, wait and have your family then think about this then.

Dont risk it hun. You are so kind to think about this but you must put yourself first.XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->