Egg transfer: how many embryos to transfer ?

TLK

Reaction score
I have 2 good embryos. None to freeze. I'm 38 years old with one child. I don't want twins but i REALLY want a baby. This is my one and only chance.

If you were me, how many embryos would YOU transfer?

If I didn't want twins, I personally would transfer only one (in fact, that is what we did). My understanding is that transferring two increases your odds of pregnancy by something like 5%, but the risk of twins greatly increases. How strong is your conviction against having twins? Is it not possible to transfer one and freeze one?

Good luck on your decision!

Thanks s08 - man this is difficult. My fear is taking over. I need to trust the doctors and their decisions.

Thanks everybody for your input. Anything I should do to prepare my body for egg transfer tomorrow?

If I were you, I would transfer 2. About ET I would just say that try to relax as much as possible. FXed for you !!

I would also transfer 2! If you've only got 1 other embryo and it isn't 100% that it will survive the thawing process then I'd transfer both.

We only had 2 embryos and transferred 1 and it was a BFN. If I could do it all over again I would definitely have pushed for 2 to be transferred

xx

I personally would transfer 2. Mainly based on age. If you have only one shot at this then do the two esp if the other isnt going to be frozen. Even if you do get pregnant with twins it wouldnt be terrible. You dont want to transfer just the one then be regretting your decision if it doesnt work. Good luck!

I would also transfer 2, given your age. We have 3 frozen embryos remaining and all being well and they survive the thaw we are going to have 2 put back. I am 35.

I would also transfer 2 because then the chance of one of them implanting is better.

THANK YOU ladies for all your input. After I met with the embryologist and doctor they said the same thing - given my age it is best to put in 2. He said 2 day 3 embryos are as good as 1 5 day. So, in the end we put in 2.

Now the difficult part - waiting. I am going to try and not take a HPT.

How is everyone else doing?

THanks again!

Congrats on being PUPO. Keeping everything Xed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->