Eggs??

Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
When can babies have eggs? I thought it would be ok now but have read elsewhere that its best to wait until they are at least a year old as they can cause an allergic reaction in younger babies.

Anyone giving their babies eggs now?

EGGS
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and also contain iron and zinc. Do not serve raw or lightly cooked eggs to babies under one year as there is a risk of salmonella. The white and yolk should be cooked until solid. Hard-boiled eggs, omelettes or well-cooked scrambled eggs are fast to cook and nutritious.

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/babies-6-9-months/nutrition/weaning_diet

Here they recommend around 8mo for eggs, but not the white part until 1yr old

I was told that I had to give my LO eggs before he had the measles injection. If he reacted to the eggs, he would react even worse to the measles injection.

He has been eating both the white and the yolk from around 9 months

Hebe had scrambled egg this week! :D

I mentioned it to the HV today and she said they are fine in moderation (like us) and if well cooked.

I just mash up the egg yolk (boiled the egg first) with some formula. Helena liked it. She is 7 months.

Ally has had the white and yolk (both well cooked) from around 6 months :)

Yes me too, whole eggs- white and yolk- from 6 months, and he loves them!

There is no history of allergies in my family or in my husband's family so I have no reason to think my child is likely to be allergic to anything... I know a lot of people worry more though.

I'm severely allergic to eggs so I'm not gonna risk it until Amelie is atleast 18months old.

I thought it was 6 months+ so long as it is cooked thoroughly (no runny yellow etc). I haven't tried eggs with Elliot yet, just because i keep forgetting to buy eggs as we rarely eat them!

keely.

Poppy had scrambled eggs and pitta bread at the weekend. Eggs were well cooked and she had no reaction (fortunately)

I'm kinda scared to try eggs.. maybe she can have some for lunch.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->