Elderberry Juice/extract?

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
Does anyone use this? I have some friends that take it themselves and also give it to their kids to boost their immune system especially this time of year, being cold/flu season. I think I might start it with the boys but wanted to see if anyone else does it with kids that young and how much/how often you give it

I have never heard of it being used for that but am willing to try it! Will be looking to see if anyone uses it. :)

yes elderberry is fab for boosting the immune system!

we were watching countryfile the sunday before halloween and they had a medicinal herbalist on there and he showed you how to make a syrup to ward off colds etc. elderberries in a pan add some water ( he didnt measure anything out just added some) add a cinnamon stick,star anise, couple of cloves and boil, stirring all the time for 20 minutes then strain through some muslin back into a pan (gloves will be good for this as youll stain your hands purple otherwise!!) add a generous amount of sugar and stir over a low heat until the sugar is all dissolved and when its cold pour into a clean sterile medicine bottle!

Thanks for that!! I'd have to find elderberries somewhere but might be cheaper that way. I found a bottle on SALE at a local store for $20 and it wasn't much so I was trying to figure out how long that would last if I gave it to all 3 boys daily...especially if I gave it to all 5 of us

Wow that's expensive! We used to have loads of elderberries where I used to live, not so much here though.

I had actually never heard of them until this lol. So they aren't very common here that I've seen. Are they actual berries that would be found in the produce section?

Lol, I dunno where you would buy them from, we just had loads on bushes! Never seen any in shops, don't know why!

Everything that I'm finding is it already in some form to take...like pills, extract...stuff like that. But I did find some better priced stuff

you can get dried elderberries from winemaking suppliers!

Hmmm I'll have to look for that then :)

I found a bunch of different versions of things on amazon

you can usually fine elderberries in the hedgerows(here in the uk not sure about in the states!!) its just a case of having a look around, but it might be a bit late for them now as they are usually about early autumn, but as it has been quite mild this year you might drop on lucky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->