Eldest came out in hives and no idea why?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
My eldest started itching like a crazy guy this afternoon and when I looked at him he had hives on his neck, behind his ears, chest, stomach and legs in a perfectly symmetrical pattern. It calmed down a bit but later on it had spread to his face and was no longer symmetrical anywhere else. He has also been complaining of bad heartburn and today he had a really bad headache. Dr google told me it is likely to be a food allergy as opposed to another type of allergy or a virus but I am going to try and get him into the GP ASAP. My second eldest had a dairy allergy and would break out in hives even if he touched a container that had previously contained milk but they weren't like these and as far as I know my eldest isn't allergic to anything. Weirdly it almost vanished when he went to sleep for a bit but when he woke up again it came back :( xx

My daughter got them once after a stomach virus :shrug: From what I read it doesn't look like there is really any known cause. We gave her an antihistamine and they cleared up after a few days (though she didn't break out as badly as it sounds like your son did). And hers did come and go and moved around.

My oldest did this once too. We suspected it was some cheap lemon curd or maybe raspberries as we had just eaten them and we don't have them often. We gave her Piriton after getting them looked at by a pharmacist and they went away. However, since then she's tried the suspected culprits and it didn't happen again so I have no idea!

Thanks :) This morning he had none at all just some scratches from where he had been itching them. He did still have a slight headache though but this has worn off throughout the day. It's just really odd as he hasn't eaten anything he hasn't eaten before than I can think of xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->