electric blankets

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by jenny82, Sep 6, 2009.

1. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

so i did a reallllly stupid thing last night.

came home late enough as me & oh were out and the house was cold. i have an electric blanket that i use in the winter so thoguht i'd put it on for 10 minutes just to heat the bed a bit. i frickin fell asleep and only woke up once the bed was super hot!

now am panicking in case i did some damage or in case i bring on an early labour or something. baby is quiet enough this morning alreayd although have had a few little nudges so i know hes ok in there.

what are the chances that i could've done something?? i am neever using it again :(

2. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

Aw hun , ya know these " guidelines " really annoy me how they panic you ladies grr.
    No doubt baby will be fine hun, Loads of people use electric blankets ( like me ) & keep them on low all night or boost with the heat up thing like you have. Don't panic hun, i think the guidelines are more for prolonged use of the high heat option xx

3. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

Yea I think everythings ok - tbh, I didn't even freak out until this morning. It was realllllly hot - will just have to be more careful in the future!

4. danni1979

danni1979 Well-Known Member

I used mine lots earlier on babes,but i have taken it off the bed now,just incase my waters go,lol.
    D
    xx xx