electric or manual breast pump??

this may sound strange :blush: but im going to try not to use one , only because my friend is a breast feeding support worker and she always found it so much easier to use her hand ! She is going to be showing me how once my milk is in and established !

I had the avent manual one and electric one but i used the manual one more as i got more out when i used it. Once id breastfeed for about 6months i found it easier to hand express so didnt use either of the pumps in the end although it was hard work. Id also heard that electric pumps can make your boobs sag dont know if this is true but i remember reading it in some breastfeeding book i had.

this may sound strange :blush: but im going to try not to use one , only because my friend is a breast feeding support worker and she always found it so much easier to use her hand ! She is going to be showing me how once my milk is in and established !

Doesn't sound strange at all. I was considering that but wouldn't know what to do. Think I'm going for the one on offer at ASDA (£10 reduced from £25). Can always stick it on ebay later if I do get help with doing the hand thing!
x

best breast pups for regular use is an electric madela swing breast pump there brill couldnt cope with out mine hope this helps

i think i'm gona go for the avent isis electric one, but am gona ask m/w on thurs. Hevz I suggested that to OH about hiring one, he didnt seem too keen on the idea, said we may as well just buy one. my mum's given me the money anyway lol!

and having spoken to OH about it, he informed me that he'd been reading up on it and that its better to get an electric, cos if you do it a lot then your hand gets sore with a manual! and he was telling me in mothercare which ones had the best reviews!!

Aww bless! It's lovely when they find a way to get involved and I suppose researching pumps is the closest they get to pretending it's anything to do with technology! Given how prepped my OH is on cars and TVs I can imagine him getting stuck into this too!

most people ive spoken to have said electric is best, but i think its down to experience using them and personal preference.

My mum runs breastfeeding clinics at her surgery so she'll be the one teaching me how to do that. I can't help thinking I'll feel like a bit of a cow doing it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->