Electronic cigerette when giving birth?

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
Not for me, dont worry lol! But oh is planning on taking his as he is a heavy smoker but would he be aloud? In my head i dont think he would be any there are babys about and that but was just wondering if anyone new?

Not sure, people bring their smokeless cigarettes everywhere but I've never seen them in a hospital, maybe in the bathroom...it's not like it would set off fire alarms or anything. I give him super credit for switching, although the nicotine isn't great for you, those cigarettes are so much better than smoking a real one

I don't know but that's an interesting question! (I don't smoke) I saw a film where johnny depp was on a train smoking one, lol. But this was a film

When dh gma was in the hospital (heart attack) he used his no one said anything. I would think hospital pol my old jpb band them from inside (call center)

If not- tell him to try the nicquitine losengers (prob not spelt right)- only thing that worked for me and I tried everything!!! Give instant relief from nicotine craving- I've Been off cigs for a year! :)

Not sure, people bring their smokeless cigarettes everywhere but I've never seen them in a hospital, maybe in the bathroom...it's not like it would set off fire alarms or anything. I give him super credit for switching, although the nicotine isn't great for you, those cigarettes are so much better than smoking a real one

Oh i know its not harmful and not bothered if he does was just asking. Well just see if we get told off or not.

Yes :) they are allowed in the hospital I work at :) xx

Ooh fair enough. I'd rather him be smoking that anyway than normal ones as you can hardly smell anything when he smokes that and acc smells quite nice (is that a preg thing, who knows and i hate smokers smell, it doesn't smell like smokers smell at all though, anyway lol). Plus its not healthy for her to inhale if he smoked the usual ones, so i hope they let us so he's not going outside every 5 mins and shes not inhaling that crap when shes born lol!

I would imagine its fine when your in your own room, and prob just have to pull your curtain shut when you are on the ward. Although they are completely safe to smoke in public it's not the best look for a hospital ward, let alone a newborn baby ward haha. Shouldn't imagine it's a problem but I do know of some restaurants that have banned them, purely because if how it looks!

I would imagine its fine when your in your own room, and prob just have to pull your curtain shut when you are on the ward. Although they are completely safe to smoke in public it's not the best look for a hospital ward, let alone a newborn baby ward haha. Shouldn't imagine it's a problem but I do know of some restaurants that have banned them, purely because if how it looks!

Yeah i was thinking that, i don't think it would be wise to smoke it when i'm on the ward with other babies, but when i'm in labour and we have our own room i imagine it would probably be ok, meh i don't know we'll just have to wait and see if he gets told off but i will tell him NO! when we're on the ward with other babies, mother thing kicking in lol!

Good question! My hubs is a smoker and I love this idea rather than him stepping outside for an actual smoke!! Plus he wont have to change clothes and wash up everytime he wants to hold baby after he goes for a smoke.

Good question! My hubs is a smoker and I love this idea rather than him stepping outside for an actual smoke!! Plus he wont have to change clothes and wash up everytime he wants to hold baby after he goes for a smoke.

Exactly, i guess these electronic ones are a godsend when it comes to things like this. :)

I don't know what DH is going to do...we both quit smoking when I got pg but he just changed to an e cig. My parents don't know that we smoked though, and my mom will be with us for labor and delivery. I guess DH is going to be making a lot of bathroom trips since I'm sure he'll need the nicotine with all the stress...

I was looking online for my oh and found this:

"The 'smoke' that you see with an e-cigarette is not actually smoke at all. It is a mist that is produced by a battery powered atomiser built into the e-cigarette. This mist is created from a liquid that usually contains small amounts of nicotine, propylene glycol, flavouring, and water. The atomiser turns this liquid into a mist that can be inhaled through the e-cigarette's mouthpiece, thus aiding in the simulation of real smoking.

They may not be the completely safe alternative they are painted to be. Some anti-smoking organizations claim that because manufacturers are not required to disclose the contents of the vapor or the liquid before it is vaporized, that it can vary from perfectly harmless to almost as harmful as cigarette smoke. Some studies have shown various levels of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and nicotine in the vapor that is emitted. Because the e-cigarette is currently unregulated, these groups argue, the safety claims of manufacturers and retailers should be taken with a grain of salt."

So I won't be allowing my oh to smoke it around our newborn daughter. Especially in the room as she's being delivered/just been born!! I'd also be quite annoyed if someone smoked one on the ward to be honest, whether hidden from view or not.

I was looking online for my oh and found this:

"The 'smoke' that you see with an e-cigarette is not actually smoke at all. It is a mist that is produced by a battery powered atomiser built into the e-cigarette. This mist is created from a liquid that usually contains small amounts of nicotine, propylene glycol, flavouring, and water. The atomiser turns this liquid into a mist that can be inhaled through the e-cigarette's mouthpiece, thus aiding in the simulation of real smoking.

They may not be the completely safe alternative they are painted to be. Some anti-smoking organizations claim that because manufacturers are not required to disclose the contents of the vapor or the liquid before it is vaporized, that it can vary from perfectly harmless to almost as harmful as cigarette smoke. Some studies have shown various levels of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and nicotine in the vapor that is emitted. Because the e-cigarette is currently unregulated, these groups argue, the safety claims of manufacturers and retailers should be taken with a grain of salt."

So I won't be allowing my oh to smoke it around our newborn daughter. Especially in the room as she's being delivered/just been born!! I'd also be quite annoyed if someone smoked one on the ward to be honest, whether hidden from view or not.

OMG thanks for sharing that, argh! why does OH have to be a smoker creating more worry which i don't need because of his stupid habit. lol!

I smoked before I was pregnant, and then started again after we lost Joshua, and quit the minute I found out this time too. Oh has said he'll quit the day she's born, but I'm not overly convinced!! I think he'd be better off doing it before thàn with the stress of a newborn!! Hopefully your oh will be too caught up in admiring his baby to worry about wanting a cigarette until you're at least home from hospital and can go outside/get changed. I've never tried them, but could try the patches? I know a few years ago my mum tried quitting and used a nicorette inhalator that didn't have a water vapour/smoke, I don't know if they're much safer? Could be worth chatting with your midwife, or popping into boots/local chemist and speaking to a pharmacist? They might be able to advise on the best options. My oh has been smoking for 20 years, but whenever he has his boys from previous relationship he'll go the whole day/weekend without smoking, so I know he can do it, just about whether he wants too!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->