Elevated prolactin, anyone else?

hi ladies (hi again mohini :) )... i just wanted to introduce myself. i have elevated prolactin levels as well, but i have never had a period on my own. I have mri's about once a year to monitor tumor on pituitary gland for prolactinoma. Anyhow, I have been on meds for 5 years now. I take 2 and a half pills of cabergoline twice a week which is a very high dose. To top it off, even on that dose, my levels are still high (i range from 90-120s every time im tested) :( im so completely frustrated. Ive been ttc since last september and my FS finally said I should just look into adoption. I just dont understand...this is supposed to be one of the easier things to manage as far as infertility goes and i feel like im just beating my head up against a wall. Anyhow, just wanted to share since this is really the first time ive seen a thread only about prolactin. I go back to see FS in August. I think Ill try to sit quietly for 30 minutes as suggested from an earlier post. Good luck ladies

hi lw0619
happy to see you again here.i tried to contact you by personal massage many times but you didn't reply.i am sorry that you prolectine level is still very high.you told me last time that your fs suggested
you for surgery of prolectinoma.why they dropped the idea?please dont feel yourself alone.i can understand your frustration.but prolectine can cure only by drugs so wait and look at me i conceived
6times in last 7years but everytime i lost my baby in first trimester.i am ttc from my last loss in july 2011 but no success.but still have a faith that will be mum of my own baby oneday.please relax and wait for next appointment with FS and tell them again that you want your own baby.can he help you.

hi mohini. sorry i never responded. i had to take a break from the website for a while bc i was just getting too depressed. i havent given up hope that i will have my own child one day, but i am still considering other options. i just want to be a parent and wish i could understand all of this. we decided not to do the surgery, as there is a chance that could cause more problems. plus my husband doesnt want me to have the surgery if the only reason is that there is a chance i could get pregnant (and i agree). thanks for your encouraging words. i hope you are able to conceive soon :)

Hi everyone
My prolectine level raised again from28 to38 this month.very worried and stessful about ttc journey.

Hi. I'm new here n posting for the first time on any forum. Hope to get some support.
I started cabergoline 2 weeks ago, 0.5mg weekly. I started medicine in my luteal phase (16th day of cycle ) . I got my period 4 days late with severe back ache n abdominal cramps.
A little back ground, my prolactin level was 25, wasn't able to concieve with this range in last 8 months so endo thought to prescribe cabergoline. My all other tests were normal except this. Before starting this medicine, I use to get period every month but I wasn't getting pregnant. I'm confused at y my period got delayed, started with throbbing pain and how long will this medicine take to bring effect. My all other fertility tests were normal, only prolactin was elevated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->