Elevated prolactin, anyone else?

here is my update: my prolactin level was 1000.8 iu (normal range less than 550 iu) without fasting on nov. but after 2 months and taking b50 for almost 5 weeks and fasting it became 12ng/ml (i don't know the normal range but should be around 25ng/ml).:happydance:

So you just took vitamins to help your levels? Did you have an MRI to see if your had the tumor on your pituitary gland?

So you just took vitamins to help your levels? Did you have an MRI to see if your had the tumor on your pituitary gland?
yeah,and actually i had very stressful sampling first time maybe that was the reason but in the last 15 years ago i had sometimes high and sometimes normal level.
i will have mri tomorrow too and will post here as soon as i take the result. and we are going to check rest of infertility tests, so up to now we haven't try well and we haven't checked all factors.

Well good luck! I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about your MRI results!

ok, MRI canceled :haha: because i was on cd16 and we are actively ttc and if i be pregnant they won't do it in the first trimester!

So, when will you know if you're preggo or not that way you can either jump up and down with joy for a baby or get the MRI?

So, when will you know if you're preggo or not that way you can either jump up and down with joy for a baby or get the MRI?
well it should be hopefully a :bfp: on Valentine day :winkwink:
how are things with you? hopefully you get a beautiful :bfp: this month.

Not sure if anyone knows this but... An elevated prolactin level can come from not being on a gluten free diet if your are gluten intolerant.

Many people do to know that they are gluten intolerant & an easy fix is gluten free diet. I was tested 2 weeks ago and had a prolactin level of 39. Two years ago I was told that I had gluten intolerant & basically just ignored it because I didn't want to give up certain foods. Then I saw Dr.Oz talk about celiac & gluten intolerance and one of the top five symptoms was infertility! Well I did some research & it is everywhere. Plus it talked about it is one of things that falls under unexplained fertility which is me.

Just thought I would share something that a lot of people are not knowledgable & it is an easy thing to try.

hi ladies
i started cablogine1mg in week because prolectine couldnt cotrol with broocriptine taking from many months.prolectine remain 60 or above always.but am feeling breast pain continues and right side below my breast . anyone have any idea is pain because of cabrogine or high prolectine?please reply

i got my MRI result yesterday, no macroadinoma but might be small adenoma. anyway, there is nothing to be worry about! :happydance:

Yeah I was diagnosed with a microadenoma and it's really no big deal =D

Yeah I was diagnosed with a microadenoma and it's really no big deal =D

i think you had IUI. i hope you get your BFP this cycle.:happydance:
we've got our fertility clinic referral and waiting for their call.

Yeah I got IUI this cycle finally! It took long enough! I really hope I get my bfp this cycle, that would be awesome!

Good luck !

Yeah I got IUI this cycle finally! It took long enough! I really hope I get my bfp this cycle, that would be awesome!

Good luck !

hi ash
i have also prolectinoma of 8mm.my prolectine level is akways more then 60.i had 6 miscarriges.dr. said high value of prolectine at the time of implantation may cause miscarrige.now i am ttc from last july but no success.so i also decide for iui next cycle.i want to know whats your tumor size and what is your prolectine level now?

My adenoma is 4mm and the highest my prolactin was was 50 and last time they checked after I had been on dostinex for 7 weeks it was 1.9

I was diagnosed with a 6mm prolactinoma in december, prolactin was 1800 obviously in a different measurement than yours, normal was 300 so I was put on parlodal 2.5 mg after three months, levels had dropped to 800, which was progress but not enough, so meds doubled . Have had first period in over a year so feel like I'm making some progress!

hi ladies
my prolectine level down to 35.10 from60.i switched off bromoctiptin (10mg daily) last 2months.now i am on cabergoline1.5mg a week.its really works.i am ttc.

:happydance: for nohini's prolactin level drop!! yay!! :D

And hope all the ladies here got their bfp really really really soon.

:dust:

hi ladies
my appointment with my dr.on friday.and my prolectine level came down to 28 from 60.i am on cabergoline 1mg in a week.before it i was taking bromocriptine but no use.so my dr. switch off brom and started cabergoline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->