Elevated prolactin, anyone else?

bullymom

cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
DH and I have been ttc off and on for almost 3 years, and never get a BFP. Finally I went to see a RE two weeks ago and did several tests.

Here are our problems so far (hopefully that's all) :

1. Low Morph
2. a growth in my uterus
3. Damaged left ovary
4. elevated prolactin

I've been referred to an MRI for the brain because of the elevated prolactin.

Is anybody in similar situation? Anybody with elevated prolactin and got pregnant? And how do you handle the elevated prolactin? I'm worried and scared.

Anyone wants to share their experience? Thanks!!

oh honey, that is my question too. i have a fibroid and got a massage of high proluction today, also i have non active pco!!!!!!! but i ttc since august (cycle4) i think high proluctin is not important it can be fixed by med. and for the fibroid they said it is not important. wish you a beautiful BFP!

Thanks! :)

Do you have the fibroid and high prolactin also?

Wish you a beautiful BFP also !! :)

I have high prolactin, I had an MRI scan but everything looked normal however I am still being treated as if I have a tumour on my pituary (sp) gland as there could be a micro one there causing the elevated prolactin levels. I am taking cabergoline to bring the prolactin levels down and so far I have had one cycle which was shorted and appeared as if I was having a proper cycle - I wasn't before and I wasn't ovulating which could have been caused by the high prolactin levels. I'm now on my second cycle and waiting to see what happens. I'm on the meds for initially 3 months and then I go back to see the consultant and have my levels reviewed.

Hi CareBear,

How long is your cycle before the meds if you don't mind me asking? Mine is from 24-29, and both OPK and BBT shows I Oed every month. But RE said I probably didn't O properly because of the high prolactin. I guess that make sense because my BBT seems rise slowly after O instead of a huge elevation.

Your dog looks so cute :) Hope the meds will help your prolactin :)

Hi, my cycles were very irregular and ranged from 30 days to 50 odd, the consultant said I wasn't having cycles I was just experiencing withdrawal bleeds - basically my body getting rid of the lining when it got to thick. I think I ovulate occassionally (rarely) but high prolactin levels affect progestrone levels which are needed to ensure a viable pregnancy so pretty much for 4 years I've not had a chance! So for you you could be oing but progestrone levels being affected would affect the chances of a fertilised egg implanting.

Thank you for the well wishes and liking my baby!

Hi there
I had a prolactin test some months ago which came back high. My gyn immediately prescribed some pills for that and told me to have a brain scan. However, I went home and read on the interenet and it said that one test is really not enough to determine high prolactin since those numbers can go up and down. So I actually had two more tests in the months that followed and both times the Prolactin level was normal.
I wish you all the best. I hope for you that you will soon have your baby
Amber

hi ladies
looking for this thread from long term.i have had prolectinoma of 8mm dignosed in 2006.taking bromocriptine 10mg a day .but prolectine level never down below 60.i conceived many time although elevated prolectine and miscarried every time.my endo dr.thinks prolectine cause only infertility not miscarrige.my all other blood tests and laproscopy,hytroscopy revealed no problem.i am very frustrate and confused how to controle prolectine ??i tried both medicine brom and cebrgoline but no use.please give some advice.

hi ladies
looking for this thread from long term.i have had prolectinoma of 8mm dignosed in 2006.taking bromocriptine 10mg a day .but prolectine level never down below 60.i conceived many time although elevated prolectine and miscarried every time.my endo dr.thinks prolectine cause only infertility not miscarrige.my all other blood tests and laproscopy,hytroscopy revealed no problem.i am very frustrate and confused how to controle prolectine ??i tried both medicine brom and cebrgoline but no use.please give some advice.

Hello Mohini,

How are you?

Is prolectinoma the tumor in the brain? I just had my brain scanned, and am waiting for the result right now. So I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give you at this moment, since I'm still new.

Anyone else would like to share their experience or give some helpful advice?

hi bully
i am ok.thanks for reply.prolectinoma it a noncancerus tumer in pituitary gland secrate more prolectine hormone.prolectine cause infertility.i have had recurrent losses but its cantrovertial due to it.my prolectine level never controled by medicine brom or cebrgoline taking from last 5years.my endo advice me to increase the dose of med but no use.i am very confuse whats next?tumer is very small in size less than1cm so surregery is not required told by dr.i had conceived every time after a long wait on letrozole but miscarried every time.

Hi mohini,

So sorry to hear that you lose it every time, if your endo doesn't think high prolactin cause the m/c, did he/she tell you what cause the m/c? I hope he/she will find a way to make your bean stick. :D

hi again
my prolectine never fell down even on med from 5years.my all other genetic test ,blood test,lap hystroscopy revealed no problem.my ob/gyne think that i conceived on high value of prolectine so it might interfare in pregnacy. so i am confused who is right?.prolectine tested 5days before is 62 even taking increased dose from last 3months but no use.ttc from last 7months on letrozol but no success.

I was told last week that I have elevated prolactin levels by our FS, and I have just written a post about it (apologise for not reading further down the page!)

So far everything else with me and my husband seems perfectly fine, the only slight blip we have had is raised prolactin levels on my day 21 bloods. TV Scans have come back clear, SA looks great, I get +OPKs every month so this is the only thing that could be causing an issue.

The doctor explain that it could be caused by a prolactinoma or stress, but like yourself, upon researching high prolactin levels, it doesn't seem to add up. My periods are regular (30-32 days) I don't have mid cycle bleeding, my TV scan showed no signs of PCOS and I am ovulating :shrug: I am due to have a third blood tests this week to see if it is just a one off, but not sure what to think!

Best of luck, will keep stalking (in a non-weird way!) to see if you get any answers!

:flower:

hi stephieB
whats your prolectine level now?and are you ttc?

hi Guys,

I have been ttc a third child for the last two years, after many tests etc the only problem seems to be the high prolactin level, last test show it over 1300, gp sent me for MRI which showed a prolactinoma, i havent had a period in nearly a year, am now on Bromocripton for the last week to see if that sorts out the problem. Heres hoping!!

Hello Stephie,

Have your RE referred you to a MRI for prolactinoma yet? I just did mine last Thursday and will find out after Christmas when I go back to see my RE. I'm prepared for the worst, but still, a little hope for no prolactinoma found in my brain. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you, too. Yeah, stick around and maybe we will find some help information that will help us :D

Hello Sopava,

Yeah, here is to hope!! Hope the meds will help to lower your prolactin level and you get your BFP soon!! :D

hi bullymom
Dont worry.its not necessary that elevated prolectine is because of prolectinoma only.hope MRI will show ok report.fc for you.
G.L

mohini12 - I'm not sure of my exact levels, the doctor just explained that it was higher than they would have hoped, but I'm going for a third blood test this week to see if all three come out high, and it wasn't just a stress reaction. Yep, me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 22 months now, so far this is the only thing thats could be a possible barrier, everything else fine!

Bullymom - Not just yet, an MRI will be ordered if my next blood test comes back with another high results. It's quite nerve racking, but in a strange way, I'm secretly wishing that this is the problem, this is the reason why we haven't had a baby in almost 2 years of trying, then it just needs to be fixed, rather than being told there is absolutely no reason why we can't conceive, and still not getting a BFP :dohh: See what LTTTC does to my thinking patterns!

Best of luck with your MRI results, fingers tightly crossed that it's good news at your end :flower:

Good morning ladies~

mohini12- Thanks for the blessing :D

StephieB - I understand your thinking patten, I would like to find things that cause us the trouble to conceive and fix it, too.

The holidays are coming, I've decided not to worry about anything until after, just enjoy the moment for a little wile.

Wish you guys a wonderful holiday! :xmas9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->