Elevated Temp but not sick...

EMSwife1124

Mommy to Odin, Kai and Wren!
Reaction score
So we have been NTNP since I came off the pill at the end of June. My cycles haven't completely regulated but by tracking on my app it says that I'm due AF around next Wednesday.
For the last week my temperature has been elevated. I don't track it for TTC purposes but last Friday I felt feverish and took my temp with a regular thermometer and it was 99.0. My regular temp is around 97.8. Ever since then it has been fluctuating from 98.6 to 99.3.
I don't feel pregnant but I've also read it could be because of ovulation? I don't know much about temps because we haven't ever actively tried to conceive.

Any advice from you ladies would be great :)

Hmm, from my understanding, basal temps change by less than +1 degree F after O. Without daily early morning temp readings, it's hard to say - you could just have some sort of low level fever with no other symptoms.

You know what comes next - TEST! As soon as you're close enough to justify the cost, go test!

Temps stay elevated after o until af due to the progesterone in ur system. When pregnant some people get a second rise in temp but it cud also still be due to ov x

Thanks to you both :)
I definitely plan on testing when it gets closer so we shall see :)

Well ladies.. the temp spikes stopped a couple days after this post and AF made her appearance this morning. I'm not too disappointed though because I'm now back to a 30 day cycle for the last couple of months so it seems that it may be my post birth control normal. Baby fever has ramped up this month. Seems like all of the people around me are giving birth or getting pregnant. I would really love if we conceived this month since its our anniversary and then we could tell our close family at Christmas :)
Thanks for you guys replies!

Aw huni so sorry af came.

I no what u mean about baby fever, I'm sick of not having a baby in sight, ppl around me have children and I want one now. My neighbours daughter is obsessed with me and site on my knee all the time and curls up on me when shes tired and it makes my broodiness worse because I want that all the time with a child of my own.

My body is thankfully showing signs of regulating itself and hormones getting sorted but it cud still take a whole. It's been 3 and a half weeks and no ovulation yet, could take up to 12 weeks or maybe longer.

Our time will come huni xx

Yes our time will come :)
Thanks for the support and encouragement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->