Elf for the 1st time at 5 yrs old

Scout

Reaction score
DD is 5. The other day we were at the shops and she saw an elf and asked if we could have one this year. She said we can't touch him bc that would take away his magic. I guess she's seen something about elf on a shelf at school?? The only reason I've never done it is bc she has always been afraid of the elves. She has said they look creepy.

How do I go about introducing him this year? Should I write a note and explain why he hasn't been here before? Those who do it, does yours just show up 1st of Dec? And what could be his reason for coming this year and not the years before? And, do I need to get the book? I've never even looked through it. Thanks

We just have a cute elf that comes to visit and gets up to mischief. I'm not sure what the book is, but we've never used a book. The elf turns up on Dec 1st with advent calendars and last year I did a north pole breakfast for the 1st time.

My girls have never asked too many questions about the elf, they just seem to get caught up in the excitement of havingh it visit!

We only started this last year when DD was 5. We ordered the elf and the book and then read the book with her. She loved it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->