Eliza?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Hello.
This time round we really want a name decided by 17 weeks! As with Isabelle we didnt decide until she was born.

For a boy we like:
Charles George James S.
will be known by Charlie/Chuck

but for girls we cannot find one we like,

Eliza is one of the only names we both like?

DD is called Isabelle so i think it goes well. & we both love Ella which we can use as a nn for Eliza.
other names we go on and off are .. Phoebe, Lily, Daisy, Jasmine, Poppy.

So what are your opinions on the name Eliza?
and do you think Ella is a good nn for it?

I LOVE Eliza! I personally like Liza for a nickname better than Ella, but Ella would be great too.

If you like Ella, what about Eleanor with Ella as a nickname?

I LOVE Eliza! I personally like Liza for a nickname better than Ella, but Ella would be great too.

If you like Ella, what about Eleanor with Ella as a nickname?

We did consider Eleanor but im not overly keen on it so i would never call her by her full name so seems pointless.

I like it plus Izzy and Ella or Ella and Belle is cute together

lily and Jasmine are also nice but the other are a bit childish

I like it. Very classic and British sounding. Love Poppy and Daisy too but not sure about Jasmine and Phoebe.

My DD's name is Eliza. We call her Liza. Never occurred to me that Ella would be a nickname for Eliza but its cute. However I think Ella is more popular than Eliza if popularity concerns you.

And actually Eliza and Isabelle are both derived from the name Elizabeth. Some may consider that a bad thing for sibling names but I think it makes them go together even better.

My DD's name is Eliza. We call her Liza. Never occurred to me that Ella would be a nickname for Eliza but its cute. However I think Ella is more popular than Eliza if popularity concerns you.

And actually Eliza and Isabelle are both derived from the name Elizabeth. Some may consider that a bad thing for sibling names but I think it makes them go together even better.

do you often get comments on her name?
when we tell people we like it we get lots of 'that's pretty' and several 'really?!' kind of faces.
the other name we like is Lily, for my dad as he adores the name and i adore him, but obviously that is very popular.

i quite like that they both come from the same name. as Elizabeth is a family name.
x

I love Eliza, & Ella is cute too. If you like Lilly you could always call her Lizzie as it has a similar sound but more classic than the popular Lilly.

Xxx

I love Eliza!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's one of my faves, but I can't use it myself. I think Ella is a fine nickname for it - it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->