Ella Louise 27/11/09 - bang on time!!

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
Well this'll be a short and sweet one :lol:

The important bits first, Ella Louise, 27/11/09, 15.07ish, 8lb3, 58cm, 35cm HC! cant believe i didnt have a 10lber, even tho she was longer than katie!!

So basically, I was having a wander round tescos, doing the weekly shop and was getting what i thought was just BH, which was completely normal for me walking around. practically everyone i saw was like, ooo when you due? not complete strangers mind - i work there!! when i said i was due that day, everyone was like, bloody hell not long then! and iw as adamant that i had ages lft cos i was gona go over!

there's an M&S next to tesco, so we went in there to get a few bits. as we left, i had a painful contraction and was like, ooo, but thought it would be ages off, or just another falkse alarm! walked up to the car and had another sat in the car, but really thought nothing of it. having been in labour 23 hours with katie, i thought i was a fair few hours away from it all kicking off!!

so that was about 1.30-1.45ish. got home, gave katie her lunch and the contractions started to take my breath away, but they were still irregular and between 5-10mins apart. text lisa at 2.20 saying it was starting to hurt now!

my mum and dad were planning on going into manchester in the evening and at about 2.30, i decided i needed to tell my mum, so said i'm really sorry, you wont be going into manchester :lol: dad was like, right i'll get the car sorted and we'll get you off to hospital now! me and mum both laughed and were like, whatever, it'll be hours away!!

this is where it starts to get interesting! decided to go for a bath, told my mum i was going up, but wouldnt lock the door just incase. went up, started running the bath and it was all getting quite painful and i remember thinking, jesus i'm gona need an epidural, i cant cope with this! thought to myself i'd be better in the water, so forced myself to get in the bath. once in the bath, i tried ringing her dad to let him know. was in the bath about 2 minutes and realised i needed to get out asap, i'd had 2 huge contractions!!

as i got out, i knocked the loo roll holder over and my mum shouted up was everything ok? i was like, the baby's coming!!!! at this point i'm stood over the loo thinking i need to poo! so my dad gets on the phone to 999, mum's aparently racing up the street cos she thought one of the neighbours was a mw - she was just a nurse! she comes running back in, somehow remembers her apron :rofl:

my dad's asking if she can see the head, she wasnt even fully in the bathroom by this point :rofl: i shouted, the heads there, i can feel it! mum rushed over to the loo, 2 of the smallest pushes ever and she fell out and grandma caught her in the loo!!

the ambulance men said the call was made at 3.02, my dad looked at his watch when she was born and it was 3.07 :shock: daddy rang me back like minutes after she was born, and almost died of shock when he just got my mum shouting "the baby's here, get round quick!!"

we had to go to hosp cos i had a 3rd degree tear again, and i tested positive for group b strep, so ella had to be monitored for 12 hours, cos i should have had 2 lots of antibiotics in labour, but there was no time for that!

as usual i went on a bit lol, so it wasnt exactly short, but never mind!! she's a little star, and her big sister is so so good with her!!

so yea, i went from having a 23 hour labour, to having a quick as lightening, bliink and you miss it type one! the midwives said if i have another, they're camping out in my front garden :rofl:

Oh my goodness, what a story to tell! Well done hun x x

wow! bless you that is quick!! congratulations!!!! :hugs: xx

Congratulations Alice, amazing birth - and I love the name Ella :cloud9:

congrats! amazing birth!love the name :cloud9:enjoy her x

Ooooh I was in the same Tescos the same day doing my shopping! I presume you mean the one in Handforth Dean?? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter anyway! Mine's due in February, can't wait!! xxxxx

lol lauren yea, it was the handforth one!! i'm sure i saw a few preggo ladies, i probs walked past you at some point!!

Aw congrats hun....I laughed at your mum grapping the apron. :rofl: I bet shes beautiful.

Lots of love. x x x

x x x

Awww congratulations on your beautiful baby girl :happydance:, and what an amazing birth story :thumbup:. xx

Aw congrats hun....I laughed at your mum grapping the apron. :rofl: I bet shes beautiful.

Lots of love. x x x

p.s.....hopefully you will click on who this is.....Ive changed my name once because of someone and Ive changed it again coz she found me again. My old username began with a "D" and I have a little girl in heaven and now im preg again....I cant send a msg yet on this profile, so I hope you click on its me :D

x x x

:thumbup:

Congratulations!

Bloody hell that was quick, hope mine are like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->