Ellis Alan Haywood - 4/5/09 (13 days late) @12.35pm 8Ib 8oz -COMPLETED!!!

ellismum

Ellis' mum!!
Reaction score
:happydance:Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this, time is limited but I want to make sure I add everything, many of the April overdue and May Mummies are aware of my feelings prior to Sundays induction and I apologise if I waffle!!! Got new mum tiredness, milk came in this morning and he loves it!!!! :sleep:!!

If asked to summerise in one one sentance - Everything I dreaded happening, happened!!

My experience of Induction and birth:

After to unsuccesful S&S Called St Johns to see if they had a bed for induction Sunday despite having it booked for Monday. Spoke to a lovely MW in DAU who agreed to let me come in as they had none that day and I was one of 4 booked in for the Monday I was due to. Had 1st Prostin at 9am, Ellis's HR was a lovely 130bpm with lots of movement but I was only 1cm dilated and cervix sill high. Sent OH home as he needed his rest and was a much use as a choc teapot sitting around.

Moved to to Postnatal ward at 2.30 for my second Prostin attempt. This was performed at 4pm after it was found I had still made no progress and told I was in for the night and likely to have a 3rd attempt the next day :hissy: The trace showed I was having reg contractions every 3 - 5 minutes but not strong (TOCA 30% I couldn't feel them lol!!) Got settled and by about 8pm I was starting to feel them. Had a bath at 10pm and found this very uncomfortable and made them more painful. By 1am I was getting to the sage where I anted something to take the edge off the pain. MW on duty wanted to examine me as the regular contactions were a positive sign and if I were 3cm they would move me to the Labour Ward, Great, lets see how!....................................................NO CHANGE!!!!!!:hissy::hissy: Stll 1cm and too high!!! I was there till I went back to the DAU at 9am.:hissy::hissy: I was in for the long haul and was even considering an Epidural when I could!!!

9am comes and down to DAU I goes. Managed only 45 minutes sleep as the contractions were all in my hips so was only comfy on my feet:dohh: Hoping the 3rd attempt would be the kick needed. There were 3 others going on but all 2st attempts so hoping I would be on the way to labour ward by lunch time but no, it all goes very wrong from here...............................

Got strapped up for monitoring and Ellis's HR was hoovering between 170bpm - 180 bpm with no movements. He is not a morning mover so had not been worried by this but seeing his little heart beat like turnt me into a blubbering wreck:hissy: MW calls down Dr from Labour ward and his face said it all once he had seen the trace, emergency C-SEC although he did not mention this. Ranf my OH and mum as I knew OH would not survive seeing the surgery, he nearly passed out when they fitted the canular in my arm :blush:

Dr decided to break my waters instead of another prostin attempt as I was now 2cm dilated. Only a little trickle which were clear (forewaters) so I was taken to Labour wad to see if contractions would speed up. After 1 hour there was no change so of to Surgery. I suprised myself at this point as I suddenly felt very calm and relaxed that something was finally being done. The staff, esp the MW were amazing and deserve medals!! Had a spinal block which did not hurt at all felt sooooo weird!! I was cut at 12.32 and Ellis arrived 3 minutes later at 12.35pm covered in thick meconium. Mum just made it and the first thing I asked was "Please tell me he has a willy?!":rofl:
I did not see him until he was cleaned, needed full suction to stomach and lungs although his first score was 9:baby::baby:

Whilst I was cleaned up and stiched (lost 600mls of blood and now the owner of the neatest scar ever!!) Ellis went to OH and up to postnantal ward to recover whilst I BF for an hour, all that distress gave him an appeitie. It is true, the toast and tea they give you is the best ever:rofl:

Unfortunatley the drama did not stop here. As he had a meconium birth he needed regular checks and they were worried about his temputure and was shaking so they took him to lie under a heatlamp. After an hour there was no change so he went down to neo-natal where he spent the following 2 days:cry: It transpired his Blood Sugar Levels were dangerously low, very rare as I did not contract diabetes and needed a tube where he was fed at regular intervals. It was so heartbreaking seeing him down there and not having him with me whilst over mums were coming and going. After such a trumatic birth not having him with me and listening to other babies cry at night I was constantly in tears. The MW were great and moved me into a private room which helped. I was allowed to supplement with BF until he was stable but his levels declined after every feed. :dohh:

I was finally allowed back with me Wednesday lunchtime but was still subject to regular monitoring but his levels had dropped again my the evening so a line was inserted to supplement again but as he was healthy it could be done on the ward. All we needed were 2 results above the lowest level allowed and he could go home. My milk was slow in coming in (It's in now, big time!!!:happydance:) so I had to give in and try him with bottles, what hassle that was but we managed 30mls and he gave his readings!!!

We were finally able to take him home on Thursday. Luckily I have been BF succesfully and has only lost 5oz of his birth weight but given how much he drunk from me in the last 24 hours since my milk came in I can only expect him to put this back on quicker than he lost it!!!

I will pop pics on soon, the fang-dangley camera I spent alot of money on doesn't import to windows and is a mare to locate.

Well done you on finding time to tell your story already!! Congrats on your little boy!

look forward to reading the rest, congrats! x

look forward to reading the rest, congrats! x

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy - look forward to reading the rest of your story x

haha congrats so far , looking forward to part 2 xxx

ps sorry not laughing at your post , laughing at the timing of our kiddies lol

Awww hun :hugs: Sorry to hear you had such a crappy time! our babies sure did enjoy making us wait too huh!! so glad its over for you now and you finally got to meet you baby, i'm sure he was worth every second of it, i'l pop back to check out your pics :) xxx

aww hun i'm so glad everything was fine eventually & that he was allowed home. I bet it was a worrying time for you but he got their eventually . Congrats again hunny x

What a birth! He did not wanna come out! Congrats on your new son :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->