Embaressing Q? Bikini wax or not for labour?

I am not a waxer.
I just have a wee trim now and then to keep it in check.

Did I trim it before I had my dd??
I have no clue, I cannot remember. It was literally the last thing on my mind :)

I happily wax normally, but seeing as i can't see it now, i've not bothered. I'm sure my MW and consultant won't be commenting on my lady garden as i'm screaming obscenities :D

I've been mulling over this too! As even leg shaving is becoming a bending issue.

Ok i'll admit something here :blush: In my naivety I was worried that waxing pain might start off labour:blush: - see newbie mum here and haven't a clue!

It's not so much the labour that I want it all neat and tidy it's the aftercare for any stitches that has me thinking of waxing!

I don't do pain and waxing HURTS me so much I haven't clue how I will cope with labour! Maybe it'll help increase my pain threshold before the real deal!

On a slightly different note i will be gettin my OH to trim down there (nothing else itches to helll nooo not noce) coz afterwards what with all the er ewww blood and bits it will be easier to keep it clean esp if you end up with stiches....

from experiance....Non trimmed, all messy down there, tad to hairy got a bit knotted and matted despite cleaning it twice a day ..yeoch is all ill say when it came to er wipin!!

***and gets>>>>>>>>>

I know I shouldn't care, but I like keeping the 'lady garden' trim at all times....I'm really really not sure how I'll do it when bigger but not going to ask hubby-makes me wince!!!-I'd worry he'd get all the cream all over the place!!! xxxxx

It's not so much the labour that I want it all neat and tidy it's the aftercare for any stitches that has me thinking of waxing!

They'll just shve the bit off that needs stiching anyhoo :D

I am seriousl obsessive when it comes to keeping tidy down there! I don't feel clean at all unless i am all tidy. I don't often go for all off usually a brazillian but i always use hair removal cream as i have extra sensitive skin - waxing always bruises and makes me bleed no matter where i go or how much i pay! I find the sensitive Immac (or Veet as it is now) is perfect. Only problem is i cant see already! We do have a big mirror in our bathroom so i am managing but its sooo messy!

Oh, my friend swears by Nad's hair removal cream for sensitive skin so that could be an option too x x x

Well I am going to ask an even more embarressing question!!

Do you concentrate on tidying up the top bit or the underneath, or both?

I do both. Although i am blonde and my hair down there doesn't grow very long it seems to be everywhere!:blush::blush::blush: God thats embarrassing, think i'm blushing just writing that!!!

this thread is great :rofl: i will have to confess my dp will be tidying me up down below :rofl: he did it before when i had a fear of using a razor (long story) lol but i got over that fear an usually just shave so dp will deffo have too step in ! waxing brings my legs out in blisters god knows what it would do to my lady bits :rofl::rofl:

Hoping to be able to keep it tody myself, but obviously could be tricky later on in pregnancy. I might consider getting waxed if its bad!!

They'll just shve the bit off that needs stiching anyhoo :D

But it itches when you shave, and with an open wound too? Ouch! And the ingrowns...

doesnt it itch when you wax?
I shaved once as it started to go back I was walkin round like I had ants in my pants.....never again!!!

I never itch as badly with waxing... And it's not as sudden, and I get much fewer ingrown hairs.

This has been interesting!! :rofl: Thanks ladies! I thought waxing would itch too i even itch when i use hair removal cream (usually nair) i will have to try it out in the next couple of weeks before the realdeal!:rofl::rofl:

I never itch with cream or waxing but drive myself insane if i ever shave! Don't think the person doing stitchs would be worried if they're gonna make me get ingrown hairs lol :D

Does waxing "down there" hurt horribly?? I've always shaved at home, but with razor bumps and whatnot, that doesn't exactly look attractive either. I've just never had the opportunity to actually discuss options! :rofl:

Pregnant or not, I've always wanted to wax but I've been a total chicken!! :dohh:

You won't know when you're going into labour, lol so if you want to be hairless for the birth you're going to have to keep things well-maintained down there for a few weeks before you're due:)

I normally alternate between waxing and shaving (waxing weakens the hairs and gives me ingrowing hairs so every now and again I'll shave to beef up the stubble :lol: nice). And I kind of have to keep on top of it here as I'm at the pool on short notice sometimes.

However when I get too big to comfortably be dealing with all that bending over etc I will have to give in and go to the salon. I don't take it all off or even go brazilian, just tidy it up so I don't have lovely spiders' legs poking out from behind my bikini!

I had a professional wax once before my honeymoon and didn't like being that 'intimate' with someone I'd just met but I suppose I'd better get used to it for labour eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->