embarrassing but stool softener?

dolly5x3

Reaction score
Ever since becoming pregnant I've been constipated so bad! >__< I get the worst stomach pains from it. I asked my doctor what would be safe to take& she told me I could take any stool softener. I've taken them once in a while but although she said they are safe it still worries me that they are not. I sometimes feel like she tell me anything just to rush me out of the room. Has anyone else heard these are ok to take?

My dr told me they are safe. I've taken them while pregnant and not had any issues.

I personally would try to take natural softeners, like foods with loads of fibers (prunes and apricots especially seem to work for me), psyllium husks, and drink tons of water. A glass of green tea or two seems to help as well. If the Dr. says the stool softeners are fine, they probably are, but I personally prefer to avoid whatever I can.

Lactulose is totally fine. I've taken it throughout. It was recommended by my midwife. It's not a laxative but encourages water into the bowel to soften everything. I used it with natural foods like pears, prunes, apricots etc, then loads of water and warm baths. Worked a treat.

Feel better soon hon

Nothing to be embarrased about! This is just par for the course as they say! Anyway Fybogel works wonders. It's a sachet that you drink with water and comes in lemon and orange. You take one with breakfast and one with lunch. Can't recommend it enough! I buy the packs of 30 sachets online as the price is way cheaper than instore. Pharmacy2U is a good online supplier...

Good luck!

Nothing to be embarrased about! This is just par for the course as they say! Anyway Fybogel works wonders. It's a sachet that you drink with water and comes in lemon and orange. You take one with breakfast and one with lunch. Can't recommend it enough! I buy the packs of 30 sachets online as the price is way cheaper than instore. Pharmacy2U is a good online supplier...

Good luck!

Sorry that should read one with dinner! Not lunch! Also, forgot to mention that this product is recommended for pregnancy...

The MFM told me both Colace and miralax are fine to take. They don't leave your gut so can't harm the baby in any way.

I take 2 senokot ( stool softener) ontop of taking metamucil and eat my fruit everyday. Better to be regular than go through the pain of constipation. Totally safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"