Emcs due to failure to progress

ACK0110

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am currently 10 weeks with baby #2 and have a meeting with the consultant scheduled for next week to discuss previous c/section which was an emergency due to failure to progress, had been induced over 3 days, had waters broken and was in labour for 19 hours but never got passed 4cm before doctors decided to take me to theatre, after I had my daughter I was told I had a tilted pelvis and I would more than likely need another section should I have any more children, however during my booking in appointment my midwife didn't think this would be a big problem.

Has anyone had any experience with this? And went on to have a vbac?

Thanks

I'm hoping for one, I'm not even pregnant with #2 yet though.

I was induced at 33 weeks, in labor for 36 hours (24 hours on pitocin) and never made it past 5 cm....laying on my back with all the muscle relaxers for PreEclampsia didn't help though.

Hopefully someone knows something helpful!

Didn't want to read and run.
My first was similar to yours, except I got to 9cm after 4 day labour, baby was back to back which I didn't know and was getting.distressed so I was taken for emergency section which I was happy with just wish had happened quicker.

2nd time I only wanted a elective section which was supported by hosp, and this time will be 3rd time.lucky.

It depends what you want, you can try for a vbac if you want, that's your right but you would be very closely monitored, can't be induced and would have a chance of emergency section again so even if your consultant didn't support you can still request this x

I had to have an emergency section. I was induced because of my high blood pressure. I only got to 5cm and then failed to progress. My son began to get distressed and his heartbeat was irregular so i was rushed off for emergency section. I was told with my next that there was a 70% chance i could have a successful vaginal birth but chose to have another section. My first was so traumatic that i didnt want to risk it. My other sections were quite relaxing, lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->