emergency contraception

kerryinsussex

mummy of 2
Reaction score
hey, just want some advice about emergency contraception. Took the morning after pill on thursday which i got from the doctors, but did it again unprotected last night :dohh: stupid i know!!!
Can i get it free from chemist with maternity exemption certificate does anyone know?
Dont really wanna go back to doctors :nope:

I think you have to buy it over the counter hun, its not free. Also I suggest you do go back to your doctors as repeated dose of emergency contraception in any one month could expose you to a higher doses of steroids than those recommended during one cycle, and with that there are lots of possible side effects.

:hug:

I think you have to buy it over the counter hun, its not free. Also I suggest you do go back to your doctors as repeated dose of emergency contraception in any one month could expose you to a higher doses of steroids than those recommended during one cycle, and with that there are lots of possible side effects.

:hug:

thanks for reply hun, i'll give them a call 2mrw

If you don't want to go to your doctor's again, I'd recommend visiting a family planning clinic as they're the experts. Good luck!

From personal experience, I took 2 in the space of a month (very very stupid I know) and the only side effect I had was that I didn't have a period for 2 months..it was an interesting time!

You could always try Boots. I didnt want to go back to the chemist as I had to go over a huge questionaire with the guy but when I went to Boots, it was literally a two minute job!

Why not talk to your doctor about alternatives, there are other things you can use. I won't recommend this as all cos it doesnt always work and shouldn't be taken regularly. It can make you feel really sick too. Its got the same hormones as the regular pill, but in stronger doses developed to create a hostile environment for an egg. You do not want to put these chemicals into your body without good reason, there's a reason its called the emergency pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->