Emergency Stock

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
What do you keep in your cupboards as an emergency meal? Say, if you have a chinese or an indian and you know they can't have any, what do you keep in the cupboard for these types of occasions? Do you keep jars? Powder mixes? Anything at all.

What are your 'reach-to' staples that you know you can give if you've absolutely nothing in the cupboards lol.

I'm just trying to get an idea of what would be a good idea to keep in so I thought I'd ask the experts lol. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone

weve always got a few meals frozen for connah if he cant have what were having but i do keep some baby pasta in the cupboards and a few baby sauces for a quick meal x

Connor has mainly jars anyway but i always keep some baby pasta and a couple of sauces in just in case

I make batches of cheese sauce and things like stews, if we are having something LO cant have i just add either pasta or veg or lentils to the above, a jacket potato too is quick and easy with cheese or veg or omlette/frittatas.

I have frozen stash of meals Ive previously preppeared for ex purreed bolognaise, purred cuicken & apple, purred fish pie.
Also always purred courgette and purreed carrot or purred sweetpotato is great to jusr add to purreed apple for a simple veggie kind of dish

blake wont eat jars of baby food, i tried him twice and he spat both times. so he has our food pureed - spag bol, chicken n noodles, chicken curry, sunday roast etc, all of which i get about 3 ice blocks per meal so there is always a few in a tub in freezer.

We have fish fingers and a batch of frozen sweet potato wedges along with pasta in the cupboard and a jar of pesto sauce :thumbup:

Some frozen meals, failing that we have a few jars too.

Frozen chicken bites (basically homemade chicken nuggets!), salmon fish fingers, Pasta which can be served with a simple sauce of cream cheese and tomato puree. Another good standby we keep is a pack of frozen mixed chunky root veg that can be roasted from frozen.

Dom has pretty much all of his meals homemade by me, but there have been a couple of occasions where I had forgotten to get something out the freezer for him! So I have a couple of the hipp organic jars in the cupboard for emergencies.

Tuna & sweetcorn, pasta, omelette or potato & cheese

I always have a stash of meals in the freezer but have some pasta and sauces in the cupboard just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->