Emetophobia and pregnant - anyone else?

Mrs. Vet

Reaction score
I am emetophobic which means I have a phobia about throwing up.
I've had it under control for years which is why we started trying for a baby in the first place. I am so thrilled that we finally got pregnant but now I am laying here at 3am after a bad wave of nausea recovering from a full blown panic attack. I didn't throw up. Not sure if I fought it so hard or if the panic made it this bad in the first place. It got better when DH held my hand and kept saying that I can do this!
Now I am still shaking and unable to move thinking to myself "what the hell was I thinking??".

Is anyone else suffering from this?

I've got a fear of throwing up, but I don't think it's as bad as yours. I'm sorry you're going through this. What a horrible this time deal with!! Can you talk to your doctor and see if there's anything he can do to help?

I've got a fear of throwing up, but I don't think it's as bad as yours. I'm sorry you're going through this. What a horrible this time deal with!! Can you talk to your doctor and see if there's anything he can do to help?

I have my first scan tomorrow and will ask for meds. After this episode I think the meds would do less harm to the baby than my panic attacks.
I also ordered a sea band now.

Oh good!!! Being proactive is good!!! I hope that you get something that works for you!!

You might be fine and not actually be sick anyway. I'm usually just nauseous first tri xx

Thank you girls!
Feeling like hit by a truck this morning, I ate toast and am drinking some tea but still feel queasy/hungry like I ate nothing!
On a positive note, my betas are back. Friday it was 95, yesterday morning it was at 503! So it's progressing where it should be! That also puts me 4-5 weeks so now I am prepared for not seeing much on the scan tomorrow.

Yep me and I have hyperemesis guadivarum. I am on zofran and have not thrown up

Yep me and I have hyperemesis guadivarum. I am on zofran and have not thrown up

Did you get it right away or did you have to get diagnosed first? So hoping to get meds tomorrow!

I got it right away bc this is my 3rd hyperemesis pregnancy. I started it early last pregnancy too and never threw up once although the nausea was unbearable. Of course you don't want to take anything that you don't absolutely need

Mrs Vet, I'm not sure if it's available in Germany but you could try getting ahold of some Unisom and taking extra B6. This is the combination in the Canadian Diclectin anti nausea for pregnancy. I only threw up once and I'm feeling mostly better now.

Mrs Vet, I'm not sure if it's available in Germany but you could try getting ahold of some Unisom and taking extra B6. This is the combination in the Canadian Diclectin anti nausea for pregnancy. I only threw up once and I'm feeling mostly better now.

I am taking a B6 complex called Nausema but it doesn't do much (except for that it might be even worse without it who knows!) I have to look up what Unisom is and if ican get it here! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->