Emilia Rose 39 week and only 5lb 1oz

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Well after a 44 hour labour (latent phase was over 36 hours) my beautiful little girl came swimming out in the birth pool on 27/10/10.

it took over 36 hours hours to get to 5cm (before they would let me in the pool) the pool was amazing - in fact it relaxed me a bit too much and contractions stalled so they made me get out. The rest of the labour i was active - on the ball on my knees and on the loo!!

My waters were broken at about 6cm, from there everything happned really quickly - I got back into the pool and wanted to push immediately, I was rexamined and then told i was raedy to go - in 4 or 5 pushes she was out!

We were both shocked to find out that she only weighed 5lb 1oz !! I had a very good bump and had been measuring bang on the line of average.

after the birth they noted that my placenta was also quite small.

She was quite slow to start feeding and wouldnt latch on and so i have ended up expressing and bottle feeding - its abit of a pian in the arse but it seems to be going OK.

She also got a bit of jaundice but is now home and doing well

No-one knows why she is so small, i never smoked drank or ate anything i shouldnt in pregnancy!

if anyone has a similar experience or if they have any innsight I would be very greatful

thanks all

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl hun! I've not had a 5lb baby but two have been 6lb 4, both I had very big bumps with, never smoked, drank etc, but then me and Daddy aren't that big either so probably just genes! :hugs: xxxx

My violet was the same, she was 4lb11 but is perfect in everyway, she was just small, now 8 weeks later she is just over 9lbs!!!

Congratulations! She's obviously just going to be petite. I had teeny tiny bumps with all my pregnancies and they've all been big babies. My friend had huge bumps and both of hers were 5lb.

Personally, I love a small baby. She'll soon grow :)

congrats on your littel Emilia!

Congratulations your daughter is beautiful!

hmmm u said placenta was small? maybe it wasn't working very well in the last few weeks?!! I don't know! U could ask the midwife who next comes out to see you they should have a more knowledgeable answer lol

anyways well done and enjoy being a mummy!

it's the best!!!

:)

Congratulations on your beautiful little one!
I was the same, which attracted me to your post! lol
My baby was 5lb 6oz at basically full term too!! I didnt smoke or drink or anything but both me and daddy are shorties!!
I tried to find out why, but since she was perfect (just small) they told me not to worry! If Im lucky enough to have another baby I understand you can request growths scans if you have had a previous low weight baby (I think classed as anything under 5lb8 oz at full term) for your subsequent pregnancies.
I didnt have a big bump but it wasnt small either, Im interested to see what will happen with the next!
My little girl hasnt stayed small though, she is on the 91st centile now from starting on the 4th!
And congratulations again on a beautiful baby xxx

Heya Babe...

first off all CONGRATULATIONS

my daughter born 42wk (sleeping :cry:)
weighted Only 4lb 8oz
like you i was measuring bang on my dates and all looked great
My OH is 6ft and am 5ft0'' and was small build (uk size 4-6)
but bump wise all looked great
placenta was apparently fine and all..
so none the wiser as to why she was so small or died..

my son
was born by planned c-section at 37+5
and he was 5lb 6oz
i was size 8 before i had him and my bump was actually
smaller with him than was with my daughter..

with your next baby if you have one you can have
regular growth scans to monitor baby xx​

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

congratulations! We have an itty bitty babies club in the parenting group section, come join us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->