Emily or Emillia

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on names, nothing feels right. But i think these are 2 top runners at the moment. I like Emily but its just a bit bland and Emillia just doesnt feel 'right' but we've always liked it. Any thoughts? Which do you prefer?

I think Emillia is lovely and it goes better with your older girls names.

I prefer Emilia. It's on my list for if we have a 3rd. I like the nicknames Milly and Emmy and I think it sounds like a really elegant name without being OTT.

I prefer Emilia, it's what we would have called LO if he was a girl:flower:

I prefer Emily. It's a classic name and isn't as common. What about Amelie?

I love the name Emily because it's an old-fashioned classic. It's definitely in the running if we ever have a girl. I do like Emillia but I think it would be likely so many people would call her 'amelia' and spell it wrong etc I also adore the name Amelie, that's also in our girl list x

Definitely Emilia for sure. Emily is boring and too plain like you say.

Think we're sticking with Emily , I feel like I would have to pronounce it EHmilia all the time which would annoy me. Still got 7 weeks for something else to pop up.

I'm biased toward Emilia, for my DD but also love Emily. I have to say, we have gotten a lot of compliments and the spelling really hasn't been an issue. I think it helps that we also refer to her as Em or Emi, so people get the E right away. But stick with your gut... If it doesn't feel right, don't use it! :)

Emilia! No offense to the Emily's but boy there are an awful lot of them.

I'm biased toward Emilia, for my DD but also love Emily. I have to say, we have gotten a lot of compliments and the spelling really hasn't been an issue. I think it helps that we also refer to her as Em or Emi, so people get the E right away. But stick with your gut... If it doesn't feel right, don't use it! :)

We have an Emilia too, we also call her Emi. I love her name but do have to admit a lot of people call her Amelia xx

I love both. Sorry not much help :haha:

If I had to chose, i'd probably lean towards Emily :)

How about Emersyn, nn. Em or Emmy? I love this name - I think it's gorgeous. But my OH doesn't like it.

I also like Emilia and Emily. If Emily wasn't so darn popular I would have it on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->