Emma Grace's birth story

gatormom2tots

Reaction score
that'll take forever to type one handed!

went to doc friday and was already like 3-4, soft, and she was very low. doc was unsure if i'd make it through the weekend. my mom was out of town and inlaws weren't scheduled until saturday. so she suggested bedrest to try and hold off. well, i am not a bedrest person so that was hard!

went home, got some back-up in case she came that night, and just cilled. didn't get much sleep as i was hypervigilant with each bh.

In-laws got there about 3:30 AM so i was able to relax a little knowing josh and sam were covered. was contracting on and off all day sat but i yhink i was in denial- the kids had their bday party that night and i wasn't going to miss it! :( but about 3 in the afternoon they take on a different feel. i timed and they were 10 min, 10 min, 6 min so i excused myself to jump in the tub knowing they would go away if it were just bh. well, i had 3 more in tub. so i jumped out, told mike to get a shower, and called my mom in fl and told her it was time to get up here!

Headed to hospital and I was checking in they were 6 mins. But the moment they hooked me up I was 10 minutes.
So they had me walk an hour and I sent mike to the kids party. Got back on monitor and they were 3 min but I was still only 4 cms. Doc wanted to admit me but said she couldn’t until 5 cms. So she stripped me and we waited another hour. I was still 4. So she suggested we check during a contraction…she said “We’ll stretch the truth and say you are a good 5.” Apparently I was barely a 5 during the contraction.
So by this time the party was wrapping up, mike got back to hospital, and brought mil who had never seen the births of any of her grandidkids. The anesthesiologist was wrapped up with a couple o c-sections so my doc offered me stadol- that was fun! I was hurting too bad so I was able to joke aroung and laugh with mike and the nurses.
Mom finally got there (5 hour trip) and about that time they got me the epi, broke my water, and got the pit going.
They checked my throughout and about 4am I was 6 ½. I was a little disappointed. I was very comfortable and relaxed but tired- this baby was taking longer than the other 2. So they rolled me to the other side and left.
The very next contraction was like a bolt of llightening- I thought I had ripped the epi line out. I waited 3 more contractions and told them to get nurse-something was wrong.

So 5 minutes later they checked again and I was 10! 6 ½ to 10 in 5 minutes! Apparently the pain was the pressure of emma crowning.
I pushed once and she was out! She was fine and good but they were having issues with my placenta- didn’t want to come out. Finally did but there was some excessive bleeding. Come to find out some of the placenta had gotten separated (I guess). She found some remaining placenta and got it cleared. They gave me some kind of meds internally and an extra bag of pit to help the uterus contract.
No tears or anything. Recovery has been good- afterpains have been brutal though! We are in hospital until Tuesday- mike scheduled 2 out of town court appearances this week to have them completed before the induction…..oh well! Staying here an extra 24 hours until he can be home some to assist in the first few days. So far, she has been the easiest of the 3. Heard her cry for the 1st time today when photographer pissed her off- but she is the easiest going baby ever!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your story on Emma's big day!

Congratulations. Its nice to read a fairly undramatic not too scary birth story! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->