Emma vs Emily

minties

Complete
Reaction score
If you think both names are nice, which do you prefer over the other?

I like Emma better, I think, but Emily can be shortened to Emi/Emmy which is cute!

I'm not sure I like the Lee sound on the end of Emily or not either. So annoying how my brain is being so fussy.

Middle and last name will be Irene Anderson.

Personally I prefer Emma. However, I think Emily flows/sounds better with the middle name.

I agree I prefer emma but I think it flows better with the Middle name Irene if it's emily

I like both. I think Emily sounds a bit more traditional and goes nice with Sophie, but if I was choosing, Id probably pick Emma though it'd be a close call.

I love Emma Emily is nice as well but I think Emma is so nice x

I like both, Emily was one of the girls names I liked (OH didn't like it) and before meeting OH I loved Emma but it is my OHs nieces name. I think both flow nice with the other names.

I'm a Emily so obviously I'm pretty keen on the name ;) My nickname as a kid was Lem or Lemmie x

I prefer Emma, but I have a friend with an Emilie and they call her both Emmy and Emma for short - so it's an option to use Emma as a nn for Emily if you want both. I agree that Emily Irene flows better as well.

I love both names -- Emily slightly more!

Emmy is an adorable nickname -- and Emily Irene sounds great together!

I have asked myself this same question as I love both. I think you could go either way. I think currently Emily is more popular, whereas Emma was huge when I was young.

Thanks very much! I still can't decide ugh. I'm not at all worried about names flowing as middle names are more of a formality really aren't they. Irene is my grandmas name.

I like Emma the most :).

I really love Emma.

I feel as though my love stems from being such a big FRIENDS lover.

I like both.

My bf name is Emma, she's 32. My goddaughter name is Emily and she's 1, I believe Emily is more popular at present but they are both lovely names.

I like both but probably prefer Emily. Both flow nicely too.

I actually cant choose I think there both lovely names and go well with your other children's names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->