Emma vs Emily

I'm an Emily and I usually get Em, Emi or Milly. I really like my name though.

Both are nice names, but I prefer Emma as I like how it has 2 syllables like Thomas and Sophie.

a friend of mine has a niece named emma-lee :) its like a perfect little mix of the 2, i love it!

I actually think that Emma flows really nicely with the rest of the name. So that's my pick!

I'm an Emily - Emily Louise
I get called Em/Emmy Lou

Emily sounds better for me. You can change the spelling to Emillee too :)

Man this is so hard! I still have no idea and chop and change my mind every day.

I think I'll wait till I meet the baby, as Sophie was Zoe until she was actually born.

I'm also contemplating Alice but unsure on that either.

Emma is one of my favourite girls names so I'm going to go with that. Although Emily is pretty too x

I love both names but Emily is my favourite. We were going to name James Emily if he was a girl!

For me id choose emma. Not because i prefer it - i like both the same.

Somebody i know of named there child emily but spelt emmerleigh. And now i cant help but pronounce it like im a farmer, eh-meeeeeeeer-lee

I prefer Emma as it's less used these days.

Emmy can be a nickname for either Emily or Emma. I was at school with an Emma who was called Emmy.

Oh yuck at Emmerleigh! Way to take a nice neat short name and make it look totally weird.

I have been chatting to a few of the other mums at my sons school and they all think my name choice options are too dull. I do like nice safe easy names though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->