Emotional rollercoaster

kirsty3

Reaction score
I'm 41+5 today and just feeling so tired of being pregnant and the emotional rollercoaster of contractions that haven't progressed much yet, dealing with midwives, and everybody I know leaving texts and messages asking if anything has happened yet (I know they mean well but it's like an audience!).
I've declined induction (it would have been today) and my hubby is very keen to just wait and let nature take it's course. I oscillate between feeling like that and feeling desperate tbh. I would love a homebirth and we have a waterpool all set up and ready to go. I've done all I can to encourage things along naturally but am concluding that babies just come when they want...unless they're forced along in the hospital.
I know most women go into labour by 42 weeks naturally and chances are it'll happen soon, but it is so hard waiting like this...

Keep your chin up mate, you're right that baby will come when they're ready. Stay strong and keep declining induction until you feel the time is right. Being pregnant IS hard work, but you're doing something wonderful for your family - much much easier said than done, but try to relax. You sound like you have a strong and supportive hubby, I know we all pretend to be superwomen but lean on him for strength and let him take care of you and do the worrying for a bit.

Best of luck and if you need anything we are all here for encouragement!

Thanks rachiedata, I guess a lot of us go through this stage - part of letting baby come when he/she is ready means it could be extra time. This is feeling like an eternity at the moment but I guess in a few weeks it won't feel like it mattered or made any difference really.

The last leg is the hardest i remember hating being so 'over due' thats the problem with being given a due date in the first place!

Keep positive you have everything ready just relax and enjoy the last few hours/days with baby being all yours!

I know exactly what you're going through :hugs: - my DS was born 18 days past his edd

This is a nice post from a birthing blog, about being past your edd:

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011...tive-thoughts/

I also know how you feel, I did actually go into labour 41wks + 4 or 5 days, and from my due date to then felt longer than the previous month leading up to the EDD! This time I'm trying to think I'm due anywhere up to 14th July, which will make me 42wks, so that I don't start getting impatient and disheartened which is easily done.

I bet now you've posted this you'll go into labour tonight or tomorrow! :winkwink: Just try to make the most of relaxing while you still can :thumbup:

Good luck and labour vibes your way :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->