Emotions so mixed

Thinking of you today Shelley and hoping you get some clarification on things.

Pcake - did you take Angus castus for the whole of your cycle or only for certain days of it?

I took it from cd1 to the day i ovulated- so id stop taking it the day after i got a positive opk usually. I took 2x 400 mg tablets twice a day xx

Hey Shelley
Im so sorry, it sounds like ur really down. Its not silly to feel that way after 2 months ttc, ttc just takes so much from you,personally i felt the second we decided to try, i had no control over my emotions as i just wanted it so badly. Its like something in u just changes. We werent ttc for very long, and im aware we were lucky to be in that boat, but after a mc the first month, the next 2 months when i didnt get pregnant were so so hard- i was never expecting to feel that way, but i did. I researched it constantly, tried anything i could and it was all i could think about. I too felt like i couldnt handle it anymore, so its not silly to feel that way after a few months, its naturally such an emotional process.

I really dont understand why u have to be married to receive the treatment?? Is that just in ur state? So what are u doing now? Sending u loads of love xx

Shelley,
Sorry to hear things didn't go as you had hoped. Can you convince your bf that instead of involving "science" in the process you really are getting checked out to see that you are healthy and in balance? There may be something easily correctable that is interfering with your ability to conceive naturally. Once you are armed with test results (I am assuming this is for initial testing rather than deciding to proceed with a particular procedure), then you have the information to go from there how you want to treat that.

Also I know you are feeling discouraged, and if you want to give up on tracking, that's totally understandable. But once you do get your period (can your GP help with figuring out why you aren't getting your period rather than having to go to RE?) tracking will help show when you are ovulating next time, and if your luteal phase shows a good length and temps.
:hugs:

I think I'll be ok in a few more days. It was all just so overwhelming. I still don't know if I'll temp, etc. next cycle but I know myself, and I don't think there is anyway I'll be able to keep myself from doing it. LOL Maybe I just needed a short wake-up call to tell myself that I cannot continue to consume myself every minute of the day with TTC.

I'm going to do some research this weekend about natural ovulation supplements and see if there is more I can do at home until my official six month mark comes around. After that, I'm determined I will use "science" no matter what!

I took a break from the boards because I've been kind of down. Things did NOT work out like I had hoped.

We canceled the appointment. He said he is not ready for that route right now. Part of that reason is because of their rule on not treating singles - we'd have to "pretend" to be married. In Oklahoma, if you present yourself as married then you are married according to common law (he's an attorney). He had other reasons as well - mainly stress. I'm disappointed, of course. He doesn't want to stop TTC, but doesn't want to involve science right now.

Speaking as someone who was totally against seeing a reproductive endocrinologist.....
I don't know if you could get this done as a single lady in your state since you mentioned that being single can be an issue where you live, but
we started going last April after trying on our own for years.

They pushed a little towards starting IUI's right away but I ovulate normally and everything else looked normal so what we decided to do was to give it one year of unmedicated, monitored cycles. Your partner may be more receptive to something like that.
It didn't work for us but I don't regret taking the time to do it even though we could have gone to more aggressive treatments.

I went in for bloodwork and ultrasounds several times during my cycle to make sure that my hormone levels were normal and to see that I was ovulating. It also helped to really pinpoint exactly when I was ovulating so that I would know exactly when to BD. They would check to make sure that the egg released and that my lining was thick enough to support a pregnancy.
It might be a compromise that he is willing to do and I'm hoping that maybe you can get these things done without being married, or could you go to another state for treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->