emptying the urine sample

Well my midwife just gives me a stick to go and wee on!! :rofl: im becoming a pro at hitting all the coloured squares

This made me lol. My midwife gives me the bottle of wee back!! I asked why and she said they have to now as the smell of urine was coming up the sinks!! Ew

Ew no way!!!

My midwife disposes of the whole bottle (including wee) and I get a new bottle every time!

I'd be having a word!

(as for the peeing into the bottle......I've invested in a cheap small jug labelled WEE, and I pee into that and then just fill up my mini bottle....no spills!)

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

My OH ripped me for WEEKS for buying pee jug and labeling it PEE DO NOT DRINK. Its tucked behind the toilet with the plunger. lol

Ew no way!!!

My midwife disposes of the whole bottle (including wee) and I get a new bottle every time!

I'd be having a word!

(as for the peeing into the bottle......I've invested in a cheap small jug labelled WEE, and I pee into that and then just fill up my mini bottle....no spills!)

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

My OH ripped me for WEEKS for buying pee jug and labeling it PEE DO NOT DRINK. Its tucked behind the toilet with the plunger. lol

:haha: :haha:

Just tell him - look it's either the wee wee jug or your holding my hand that I just showered in urine :haha:

My older sister gave me the idea because I was struggling to see past the bump and aim the bottle into the stream of pee LOL plus then the label all gets wet & peeling and the MW just KNOWS that you missed & weed all over the place. :blush:

My midwife gets rid of the wee and the bottle and I just get a new one each time lol x

Haha, myidwife disposes of it for me & gives me a new one fir next time

I've never until my last appointment had this happen! I was shocked, I know for a fact it can give wrong results if the specimen container isn't sterile. Okay, maybe boil it and use again, but why bother! She does always hand it back though as there is nowhere to dispose of it properly there but it was the first time she told me to re use it! At my consultant appointments they just dispose of it for me.

The first couple of times she disposes of it for me but the last time she gave me it back because she'd been told off for throwing it down the sink.

I don't see what difference it makes - me throwing it down the sink or her doing it but hey ho!

Up until my 28 wk appointment they just gave me the stick to pee on as I never had a bottle to take a sample with me - so much easier

At my 28 wk check I also had a student mw who asked for my sample, I said didnt have one as I did t have a bottle so she gave me the stick to pee on and at the end she gave me a bottle for next time :thumbup:

Since then I've gotten the same bottle back still with my wee in :blush: - the mw quickly dips the stick then hands it back!

It depends which midwife I see, some rinse it out and hand it back, others give me a new one and dispose of the old.

As far as peeing in the sample bottle goes I have tons of cheap plastic cups left over from parties so I pee in that then transfer it into the tiny sample bottle! Dont worry, I bin the cups after lol

Hello Wriggley *waves*

My midwife gives me a new one (or two!) each time, and yes if I go to QEQM in Margate they rinse it out and give it back to me.

To be fair I've got a load of bottles from my midwife... Have no idea why she keeps giving me spares!:haha:

I get given mine back with urine as I was told they dont have a way to dispose of it. Maybe its the room they use at my surgery.

Neither, i dont think id take it back if she offered lol!!
She tests it, puts the lid back on and throws it in the bin. Then gives me a fresh pot for my next appointment. I find it a little strange that youve ever been given it back, empty or full lol x

i take it home, go to shower, unscrew and put the shower on to wash it out, the water isnt wated cause its whilst its warming up a little x

Haha that made me LOL! Why does she give you the bottle back full of pee still haha thats weird! My MW rinses it and gives it back to me but I always think they should give you a fresh one each time personally... I mean I know times are hard but come on a specimen bottle should not really keep being reused! :) xxx

Omg am I the only one whos wee wee doesnt get checked?????

Only when I went in with bleeding twice did they check it.
When they did they threw it away...

But ye ... never have my wee checked at mw?!

Hmmm, i consider myself an intelligent lady...... but i've never thought of peeing in a jug and then transferring!! lol :haha: I must just enjoy the steady hand attempt!

if only i had thought of this lol :blush:

I have a few different midwives that I see, most dispose of it for me but there's one who always gives it back to me, it's such an awkward moment, just putting it back in my bag haha!!

My mw just checks it, tips it down the sink and hands it back to me empty.

:flower:

Mine too cupcake.

I assumed the NHS was saving money, hence we were given back the same pot. Not rinsed. I peed all over it last time, as she was holding it I wanted to tell her no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->