End of my teather with my 3 year old

dannydustcart

Reaction score
Im normally up the other section, im TTC at the moment!

However, I have a three year old daughter. And quite frankly shes pushed me to the i dont want to take her out stage!!!
Its not bad behavour, its bloody sulking and whining. Its chronic, folding her arms, laying on the floor, whinging and whining. swimming, parks everything. Attention seeking.
Telling tales.. about hurting herself etc.
What I dont understand is she gets my attention, no other kids yet. I do have to work from home one afternoon a week, and two days i work at work and shes in nursery. No long hours 5 days a week!!
:hissy::hissy:
Its embarrasing when she snipes at people who do pay her attention!
I now dont wanna take her out with the other kids because i feel its a waste of money and effort if all she does is whinge and sulk and pout!!
GRRRRR
What can i do?

Sounds like you have a drama queen. :)

Here's a system I started with my kids a few weeks ago and maybe it will help her attitude as she is 3 and old enough to understand.

Each day that my kids are behaved, do as told and don't whine etc. they get to put a marble into their own jar (the size of a big baby food jar). Once the jar is full, then they get a surprise of your choosing. Could be a toy, could be taking her to a movie, or something very fun.

If they are not good, no marble for the day.

I've had pretty good success on my children's behaviors because of it.

A suggestion anyhow.

Btw, it took a day for my 5 year old son to understand how it works. The first day he did not get a marble then he understood why he didn't get one.

Excelllant Idea. I like that.. never heard it before!! I will buy some marbles at the weekend, i got loads of jars!
Brillaint!

It should work! Especially when she doesn't get one one day and that will make her realize what she did wrong. Just make sure you discuss why she didn't get a marble so that she understands the rules associated with it.

Also give her the gratification of putting her own marble in the jar.

Good luck!

yep the marble idea is really good we've used it, i dont mean this to be offensive but my neice was 3 when we did this one and found it hard to understand so we used barbie stickers till it got to about 10 stickers (the vinyl reusable ones) kept her more focused because she was younger! good luck hope its just a phase!! xx

leeanne, that a great idea :D

What i just read there is EXACTLY what is happening with my daughter now , i dread doing anything with her afraid it will turn into a huge strop on and tantrum which is awful with having a pram while she has folded her arms and screaming to everyone that she is moody..
I just cant handle it , i get so extremely stressed its unreal. She is a drama queen acatully thats an understatment! I need help to , the mable ting wont work for her , i have tried stickers and she just says she doesnt care and that she hates me and ella and we are stinky :dohh:

Thats all she says and wont change, im just trying to ignore and praying this phase will past!

Actually not taking her out might not be a bad idea. Let her know her bahavior is unacceptable and that she can start doing things with you again when she wants to be a good girl. Maybe that suggestion's a little more relevant to Kay since she's already tried the marbles and stickers. I can see it going a couple of ways though- getting jealous of Ella because she gets to go out with you or straightening up because she misses your attention. I don't know - maybe I'm off base there. No kids of my own yet but it makes sense to me.

What i just read there is EXACTLY what is happening with my daughter now , i dread doing anything with her afraid it will turn into a huge strop on and tantrum which is awful with having a pram while she has folded her arms and screaming to everyone that she is moody..
I just cant handle it , i get so extremely stressed its unreal. She is a drama queen acatully thats an understatment! I need help to , the mable ting wont work for her , i have tried stickers and she just says she doesnt care and that she hates me and ella and we are stinky :dohh:

Thats all she says and wont change, im just trying to ignore and praying this phase will past!

Hun i have the same problem with Kacy at the moment,. she doesn't call me stinky though. With that part i think its jeloursy that they don't have our full attention, i try and make time just for me and kacy to spend time together. like today Hubby was off so he fell asleep so did kira so all i did was take her to asda and we had a drink. i ended up buying her a art set and we did that when we got home and she loved it. maybe try spending some quality time one on one hun.

i hope it changes guys. It is hard.

Hun i have the same problem with Kacy at the moment,. she doesn't call me stinky though. With that part i think its jeloursy that they don't have our full attention, i try and make time just for me and kacy to spend time together. like today Hubby was off so he fell asleep so did kira so all i did was take her to asda and we had a drink. i ended up buying her a art set and we did that when we got home and she loved it. maybe try spending some quality time one on one hun.

i hope it changes guys. It is hard.

Yes you are right she does get jelous alot and i dont have any time to spend alot of time, but i did take her out to the beach just me and her and she even threw a strop then. She never got the terrible twos so im just assuming its come late?
Its very hard to even out the time expeacially as the littlest is at her most needy!
She is very content with playing with her toys on her own which is great but if she has done something naughty i will tell her off thats when she points at ella saying she doesnt like her then says she doesnt like me or if she cant do a certain thing or get a certain thing.

Kids hey oh and by the way im not stinky lol its her way of calling me a name :dohh:

but i did take her out to the beach just me and her and she even threw a strop then.

the first time i took kacy out on her own she was the same had a big massive strop.

hope it gets better hun

I had the same problem with Kian a few months ago, but thankfully he seems to have grown out of it!

Its just another "Phase" unfortunately!

Dread the next one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"