End of School year

Babybump87

Reaction score
DD1 has had the same teacher since nursery and now she’s coming upto leaving reception.

We got her report and it was full of wonderful things and we are both very proud as parents that she has done so well this year .

Does anyone else feel sad at the end of the school year? Or am I just emotionally crazy ! Lol

I feel the same. My son is leaving Reception this year. His teacher and TA have both been amazing with him.
I was really looking forward to my younger son having this reception teacher when he started in two years but she is leaving this year (she has been there ten years). She has been inspirational in helping my son settled and we will definitely remember her.
I can't believe how quickly this year has gone.

Glad I’m not the only one !

Seems like she only started reception this term it’s gone too quickly .

That’s a shame he won’t have the same teacher. I’m sure they will get someone else who you will all love just as much !

It takes me a few days to adjust to change although DDs new teacher is also lovely and I’ve heard so many good things about her . Just a sad time!

I felt the same last month! My dd2 had the same nursery teachers (she had 2 keyworkers) for 2 years, but they knew her from the 2s room the year before also. In her report, one of the last things they wrote was 'Ella has contributed with enthusiasm to every aspect of nursery. It has been a pleasure to work with her and watch her grow and I hope she enjoys primary 1. The ladybird group will miss her alot'
On her last day, i quickly rushed out because I would have been an absolute mess if I'd stayed longer. Even just watching her giving them all a hug was emotional and I had to hold back tears.
I hope she loves her school teachers as much as she did her keyworkers. They really did help to mould her into the child she is today.

Aww that’s lovely Mrs ! Such lovely relationships they build with some teachers shame they have to move on

The last thing wrote in DDs report is “ I will miss her “ that’s really hit me hard !

This is the last week in school before the holidays god help me when they break up . I can never hold back my tears I’m just an emotional person !

Definitely feel sad. Our children are both moving school due to the school repeatedly breaking their own policies and equality laws re additional needs of one of ours. Trust and respect was long gone. Best thing to do was leave at that stage but the kids will leave behind many friends bless them. Sad to see them leave friends, end of an era, very excited for new school though and lovely summer holidays together x

Aww Pink ! I hope your children settle well in their new school and make lots of friends !

It’s defiantly end of an era for so many of us this year ! I really want to enjoy this summer holidays because DD2 starts nursery in December too ! No doubt I will post then too about how sad I feel ! Going to be many tears this week

I feel sad too. I cried last year when DD left reception and I think I'll cry even more this year as she has such a lovely and caring teacher. :(

I feel sad too. I cried last year when DD left reception and I think I'll cry even more this year as she has such a lovely and caring teacher. :(

Me too Bev! I’m so emotional !
It’s sad times but new beginnings . I think it’s hard to let go and the school year goes so quick ! I hope she enjoys year 1 as much as nursery and reception. How did your DD get on this year with the transition from reception to year1 ? X

She did quite well with the transition although it was a while before she went in without crying. She absolutely loves it now though :)

She did quite well with the transition although it was a while before she went in without crying. She absolutely loves it now though :)

Thanks Bev . My DD usually settles well . We did have A few tears when she started reception but mainly due to her best friend being in a new class . This year the whole class is moving together so no one is getting separated which I hope helps them all move . I do expect the usual I don’t like sitting down all day etc but we will see !
Thanks again

Thomas finishes Tuesday and I am so sad this year. He's had the same teacher and TA for 3 years (he's in a unit). They taught him to speak, toilet trained him, taught him to read etc. I don't want him to leave their class they've given us so much support.

I'm so emotional too! DS (yr2) has done so well with his current teacher, she has really gone the extra mile for him including changing the whole layout of the classroom to make the space more hearing loss friendly, she is always finding new approaches to use with him and is really nurturing but has high expectations and the mix works so well for DS. He has a 1-1 some of the time and goes out for intervention sessions with another teacher (who is also amazing) and that will continue so its not all change but I am so nervous that his new class teacher won't be as amazing. DS's report was wonderful to read, this has been his first really positive report in terms of progress, he is now meeting expectations in English and maths and passed his phonics test, this is massive! Plus lots of praise for how hard he works and his lovely nature :cloud9:.

DD1 had a great report too, she excels in everything and there was so much praise for how empathetic and kind she is, how she is a natural leader but not bossy and very encouraging of the other children in the class; she always finishes her work and then goes to help others without any prompting. The last line of her report says "It has been a long time since I've taught a child with Violet's ability and combined with her nature, I have no doubt that she will do great things. I look forward to saying "I knew her" when she changes the world in a fantastic way!" :cloud9:

I've been re-reading their reports and tearing up on a daily basis since we got them last week :haha:

Ohh Seq I can understand why you would be so emotional too! There a lot of
Milestone they have helped your boy with. Onto bigger things for him .

Eleanor - that’s amazing for you and your little ones! You must be so proud of them both ! ( And yourself ) . I love it when people tell me how amazing my children are especially school etc . Make me feel like I am doing the right things with them !

I am sure we will all have a wonderful summer and be posting in September about how much they love their new classes after the settling in period !

I am so sad my daughter has finished reception. Her teacher was lovely and had so many nice things to say about her and my daughter really excelled this past year (her reading and writing is amazing).

I was more emotional about her finishing year R then last year when she left pre school.

My youngest is still at the same pre school that DD1 went to so maybe that's why I didn't feel so emotional. Next year I probably will as we have been a part of the pre school 5 years and I've worked very closely with them on the committee.

I'm also looking at schools for dd2 soon. It's likely she'll go with her sister but tbh I want to move them both as DD1 is infants only and the juniors is really big and not very good.

Enjoy the summer everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->