End of the road

ckylesworld

Reaction score
Well after 6 rounds of clomid and no bfp we have decided to stop fertility treatment. My DH dosent want to do iui or ivf so there really isnt anything else to do that I know of. I am very sad. I dont know how I will cope with not having another child.
I would appreciate any support you all could offer.

sweetheart, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? you mention no fertility treatments but what about the good ol' fashion way? i just started ttcing again for another child and i can't imagine how i would feel if i couldn't have another baby. i don't think my dh would do fertility treatments either after we try for 6 months (that's the amount of months women my age have to try before their diagnosed as infertile in canada). did you discuss this before? i guess the only thing that would help is to put all your time into the other child so that your preoccupied and still bd around ovulation. i'm sorry sweetie, sometimes we get pregnant when we least expect. i know that doesn't help you but i feel for you hun. :hugs:

I will be 36 next week. When I said end of the road I meant no more fertility treatment. We will continue to bd unprotected of course and hope it works. My DH is 56 with no children and dosent want to be tested. I support his decision because even if there was a problem we arent doing iui or ivf anyway.
As for me all tests came back great except insulin resistance which I am on metformin for. So mabe taking it and NTNP will do the trick. I think a big part of it is I need to forget about it. I know for a fact that with my son from another marriage was conceived the first month I forgot about it.

Trying to make yourself forget about something so life changing is REALLY difficult. :wacko:
Good luck to you!!

Trying to make yourself forget about something so life changing is REALLY difficult. :wacko:

Or impossible.

We have been ttc for 30 cycles with 4 failed IUIs. I am 35, but the doc said that because we have ttc for so long with zero bps, I have only a 5% chance of ever conceiving again. I am not going to do any further IUIs, nor will we do IVF, so it's looking like no more babies for us. Even though we continue to have unprotected sex, it's the end of the road for us too.

I don't know if I'll ever forget about it......the wanting another child. I just hope to find a place where it doesn't make me so sad. I think that I am getting there, but it's a work in progress.

You're just recently finished with the clomid? Then, yeah, you need to do a little grieving to let go of the whole idea. It just takes time. :hugs:

And who knows, you still could easily get pregnant with no help at all. :thumbup:

good luck to you!
keep hanging out on bnb. it's such a nice support system.

may you get your bfp!

I was once where you are. I am now 38, hubby is 47 and we are trying IUI this cycle. I really really didn't think we would ever do this (DH didn't even want me to try Clomid) but here we are. I don't know if it will work or not, but I'm happy for the chance. We did get one BFP, 2 years ago. It was the same cycle I had my HSG. Have you had any testing? I know your DH does not want to test, but there may be things you could do on your end...?

I was once where you are. I am now 38, hubby is 47 and we are trying IUI this cycle. I really really didn't think we would ever do this (DH didn't even want me to try Clomid) but here we are. I don't know if it will work or not, but I'm happy for the chance. We did get one BFP, 2 years ago. It was the same cycle I had my HSG. Have you had any testing? I know your DH does not want to test, but there may be things you could do on your end...?

I have had every test there is and all is fine except insulin high for which I am on metformin.

Good luck, I hope iui works for u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->