End of the road?

mummyb2b

Reaction score
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I type this!

Some background. I had my DD when I was 37 and know that I am so very lucky just to have her! I suffered from pre eclampsia and she arrived (induced) at 36 weeks. This was after about 3 weeks in hospital as I became ill at 33 weeks. After that experience and a few other things, we decided we were not even thinking about another child. That was until 6 months later when I was ready to say yes I would like another (not yet but at some point) My DH unfortunately was not ready (I think he thought he was going to lose me) I knew he needed time so I gave him it despite me knowing i was on borrowed time reproductively.

That time turned into a few years and eventually he agreed that he would like another! circumstances happened and we lost his mum so again i gave him time. A few years ago I had a blood test at the doctors and was told that my hormone levels were that of a 20 something year old, YES! I had time!!!!

Suffice to say our DD is now 8 and I seem to have stopped having periods. Occasionally I still test and I even thought that I was this month (sore boobs, bloated, twinges, crying at everything and feeling sick this morning too) I did a test and it was of course negative! :( I found out on Friday that my cousin is pregnant, then on Saturday another cousin is pregnant with her 2nd and also the same day that my Niece is also pregnant they are all due around the same time and I thought I was going to be joining the club.

It's my birthday in a few weeks and I will be 46 I keep reminding myself that i am lucky to have my DD but am worried that i will start to resent my DH for 'making me wait' and for 'taking the option away from me'

I feel like it's the end of the road :(

I also feel cheated by the doctors as they gave me the impression i had time and apparently i just didn't! we could perhaps have made different decisions if we had known differently. I can only presume i have gone through menopause, was just hoping and praying for a surprise like some people seem to have! I just feel so devastated.

I'm so sorry you're going through this :hugs:. Have you been tested again to see your hormone levels?

I'm so sorry you're going through this :hugs:. Have you been tested again to see your hormone levels?
Thank you! Its nice to know someone is there! No, not had them rechecked, just thought as i'm not having a cycle that it must be the dreaded M :( I guess i just didn't want to have it confirmed as while it hadn't been, I felt like i still had hope of something magic. Do you think i need to to be able to move on?

Hello. I'm so sorry things seem to have ended so soon for you. It is possible you may have a chance, my understanding is that you're not considered to be menopausal until it's been 12 months since your last period... it may still be worth having your bloods checked and seeing if something like clomid might work for you?
I know you feel the dr's cheated you a bit, but I also know that there is such a huge hormonal fluctuation on a day to day basis that interpreting the results as a one of set of tests is terribly difficult. If you aren't quite ready to give up then it's worth double checking and giving yourself a bit more time to come to terms with where you are.

Thank you! Its nice to know someone is there! No, not had them rechecked, just thought as i'm not having a cycle that it must be the dreaded M :( I guess i just didn't want to have it confirmed as while it hadn't been, I felt like i still had hope of something magic. Do you think i need to to be able to move on?
I know it must be scary but I would get tested hun. You never know, you might still have some time.

Hello. I'm so sorry things seem to have ended so soon for you. It is possible you may have a chance, my understanding is that you're not considered to be menopausal until it's been 12 months since your last period... it may still be worth having your bloods checked and seeing if something like clomid might work for you?
I know you feel the dr's cheated you a bit, but I also know that there is such a huge hormonal fluctuation on a day to day basis that interpreting the results as a one of set of tests is terribly difficult. If you aren't quite ready to give up then it's worth double checking and giving yourself a bit more time to come to terms with where you are.
Thank you, yes i am starting to think that getting my bloods redone is the only way that i can make peace or alternatively have hope! thank you for your support

I know it must be scary but I would get tested hun. You never know, you might still have some time.
Yes u think that's what i need to do. I guess i'm scared that it will confirm what i already think! thank you for your support :hug:

Ah hon. I'm hoping it's just a wonky cycle and not menopause.
I wud definitely get tested again.
U may very well still have time.
I pray u do [-o<

Hi hon,
I'd def get bloods tested if you want to go for it, like scheduled BD and such. I think i'm going through this now too but I THINK perimenopause is just the start and you are still ovulating some of the time, right? as long as you ovulate, there's a chance! I've skipped 2 AFs already this year, so I know it's upon me. Even though my only conceived children are through DE, I still had (have??) hope that a miracle could happen.
Good luck to you! I hope you get your little miracle in any way you can!

Hi hon,
I'd def get bloods tested if you want to go for it, like scheduled BD and such. I think i'm going through this now too but I THINK perimenopause is just the start and you are still ovulating some of the time, right? as long as you ovulate, there's a chance! I've skipped 2 AFs already this year, so I know it's upon me. Even though my only conceived children are through DE, I still had (have??) hope that a miracle could happen.
Good luck to you! I hope you get your little miracle in any way you can!
Yes, even during perimenapause you can still be producing eggs, there's many a person finds themselves with an unexpected package in their mid to late 40's. If I hadn't been dependant on iui's to conceive I'd have kept going right through my 40's. Good luck to you both.:dust:

Fxd for you that you still have time. How long have your periods been missing? A lot of things can cause cycles to go wonky other than menopause..
Sending hugs xxx

How are things going for you? Did you get any testing done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->