Endometriosis?

Kacie

I have a little girl! xx
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the symptoms of this and treatments please?

I've only recently started getting my AFs back since having LO but never had issues before LO and the pains have been getting worse and worse.. This AF I have been getting bad cramps, back pains and weird aches down the backs of my legs and knees.. I was on mum's sofa all day yesterday with a fever and I am not used to that so silly me googled and came up with endo as a possibility. :blush:

Can it just occur out of nowhere?

I know it could just be a virus or a cold or something but I will monitor it next AF and see.. also hoping to go on the pill soon so wondering if that would help the pains and aches?

Sorry if i'm overreacting, just want as much information as possible.

Thank you

xx

Hello,

I have endo and yes you get very very very bad pains. I also get so much bleeding I literally can't leave the loo without an accident (tmi sorry)

It can also cause night sweats which I get.

Hope that helps. They can only tell if you have it through a laparoscopy

Thank you,

yes i had night sweats all night as well.. was going from hot flushes to freezing cold all day and night and tossing and turning all night with night sweats.

All the symptoms seem to add up but I thought that having a baby was supposed to ease endometriosis.. I'd never think that it could start after having a child?

I am going to see the family planning nurse again soon and looking to go back on the pill so I will ask then.

Thank you for all information and advice

xxx

I have Endo.

I have been living with it since I was diagnosed when I was 16. I had very painful periods. Pains all over my body. I don't ever recall running fever. I bled very heavily.

At 16 I had my first surgery, where the doc goes in and lasers off the lessions. Then I was put on BC to control my periods. It was so much better!

Then after a miscarriage in 2006 and trying for 3 years to become pg again, i had another surgery at 22. Doc only found a couple lessions, which he lasered off, and said that was not the cause of our problem. I was them put on Clomid and a month later we were pregnant.

Endo is extremely painful, depending on stage. I had stage 2. The higher the stage the worse the pain, bleeding, and infertlity is.

I pray you don't have this as it's so horrible, but know that if you do, there is no cure, but many options on treatment and you can live a normal life.

Right now, I am not on any BC and my AF is 3 to 4 days long and light. Doc said me having a baby was good for the endo.

And yes, it can pop up at any time. My mom was diagnosed at 36. Doc said she probably had it in her teens too, but just started causing problems then. It's a crazy disease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->