Energy food suggestions?

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
Ladies help me! I'm so tired I'm falling asleep at my desk, in the loo, and just feel like absolute shite! :sleep:

I keep drinking coffee in the afternoon just to make it through to the end of the day, but I'd rather not be doing that.

Have you got any food suggestions? Super energy giving foods or something like that? Bear in mind I don't eat any cane sugar.

Thank you! X :thumbup:

Another vote for bananas! They always keep me going. Or a smoothie of some sort. Nuts are good for a more sustained release of energy x

Oh ladies, thank you, although that's practically what I eat all day long, lol. I have like 3 bananas in my bag & a box full of nuts :p

Protein and high, healthy fats (think coconut oil, olive oil, real butter, nuts and nut butters, avocado etc.).

Greek yogurt with some honey or fresh fruit stirred in is an easy one. If you make smoothies, toss in half an avocado, you won't even taste it. Bananas on their own just don't do it for me, and I usually end up feeling hungrier after eating one. They're high in sugars when they're well ripe, but there's nothing to really give you sustained energy in them.

Desiccated liver tablets. You could eat liver but I can't stand meat in my first trimester. Started taking liver tablets and I swear they have made a world of difference.

They are mostly marketed towards body builders but they are great for boosting anyone's energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->