Engorged breasts?????

Mandyblur

Mum of 3 soon to be 4!!!
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone, yesterday i noticed my breasts felt a little on the tender side and were leaking a little more than usual.

All day my breasts have been killing, after a quick examination they are rock hard, sore and very very engorged!

I thought this only happened after birth not before?

Is this normal or should i contact my midwife?

Thanks x

you can get milk at any time, ive watched a fw vids on youtube bout engorgement, try hand expressing to relieve the pressure x

I feel and look like i've had a boob job (much to my husbands delight!) I never got this until a few days after both my kids were born - how very strange!

I've been losing colostrum for a while, only a bit here and there but to be completely engorged isn't something i was expecting just yet!

i know what you mean, ive got collostrum atm... totally a surprise to me as either my mum or sis had it before birthing ha!

ive expressed a couple times when it feels a bit tight and its been increasing, id say its a good thing though slightly annoying hehehe

I have really bad leaking breasts since I breastfed my DD, they have never really stopped and recently they have got a lot worse, I wear breast pads and everything, if my breasts get really engorged I would slightly hand express some out until I get a tad bit of relief but I wouldnt recommend this until you are about 37 weeks + as it has been known to bring on early labour...when I do it I can feel my uterus getting tighter and little niggly pains but it is normal to get colostrum and feel engorged :hugs:

I have really bad leaking breasts since I breastfed my DD, they have never really stopped and recently they have got a lot worse, I wear breast pads and everything, if my breasts get really engorged I would slightly hand express some out until I get a tad bit of relief but I wouldnt recommend this until you are about 37 weeks + as it has been known to bring on early labour...when I do it I can feel my uterus getting tighter and little niggly pains but it is normal to get colostrum and feel engorged :hugs:

I've very gently hand expressed some - they feel slightly better for it but i think some paracetamol maybe a good idea before bed!

I forgot about the hard breast bit - it was the worst pain ever after having my kiddies! The joys of pregnancy eh?

I hope you get some relief and sleep :hugs: you dont have long to go now :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->