Enjoying doing the washing!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Aurora_rose, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Aurora_rose

Aurora_rose Cooking a little man!

As it says, first time for everything. The real reason i am enjoying it though is that i have started washing baby clothes. The weather is beautiful here today and it all looks soooooo cute drying on the washing line!

Has anyone started washing clothes? I thought i would start now and tske advantage of the weather!

2. cantwaitforu

cantwaitforu Mom of two boys and prego

I pulled all of DS1's hand-me-downs out of storage and began. Enjoyable and got so emotional. I mixed all the laundry together (I still use baby detergent for my 18 mo old), and couldn't get over what my baby wore a year and a half ago and what my second baby will be wearing in just under 2 months.

Enjoy!

3. borr.dg.baby

borr.dg.baby Mom of 2 and pregnant!

I started today! It's so much fun seeing everything and just imagining baby wearing it all :cloud9:

4. Aurora_rose

My washing line is so pretty hahaha. Ive sent all my friends a photo of my washing like. They must think ive lost the plot hahaha

5. suffolksazzle

suffolksazzle Well-Known Member

I thought about washing bubs clothes but then thought it was a bit early. Don't want to jinx anything! Furniture is being delivered on the 25th of this month so when that's all out together I will wash all the clothes then so I can put them straight away :)

6. Sarahdisco

Sarahdisco Mummy to Jessica

I'll start washing when babies furniture arrives (damn you Babystyle for being late!) and I have the motivation to do it :)

The actual washing Im looking forward to - just not the pile of ironing it will create!

7. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

Iv done it this weekend - due to the lovely weather!! Mostly DS old stuff and ebay :)

8. kirstybumx3

kirstybumx3 Mum to two boys, R&N

im really enjoying washing too! so ridiculous of me lol...
    i also hate the pile of ironing it creates but thankfully i have a 15 year old cousin who is great and says if i get it all washed she will come and iron it all for me.. shes going on holiday next week so ill give her some spending money for helping out :) x

9. Mrs Cupcake

Mrs Cupcake March Mama!

i washed all mine a couple of weeks ago. Its funny how doing that load of laundry didnt seem like a chore at all! lol

10. Aurora_rose

I just looked at my ironing pile and not even cute baby clothes can make that task seem enjoyable hahaha. Cleaned out the babys wardbrobe so will be ready for me to put the clothes away.

I love the smell of fairy and comfort pure though ive been sniffing the clothes all day! X

11. borr.dg.baby

Haha I already finished the ironing and everything for my first load.... I even ironed the little wash cloths :haha:

12. catty

catty Well-Known Member

What are use using to wash it, iv got fairy detergant and fabric softner is this the norm?

13. borr.dg.baby

I am using a baby detergent and no fabric softener as I read that it can cause allergies in babies

14. Babushka

Babushka Well-Known Member

I've washed everything now & I enjoy it too! It's so cute to see baby clothes and socks hanging on the line :)

15. catty

catty Well-Known Member

Ok good to know, il just use thw non bio fairy detergant :) will be cheaper too

16. Aurora_rose

Haha i know when i suggested ironing the little wash clothes and scratch mittens my OH thought i had really lost the plot!

I does look unbelievably cute on the line. Ive been wanting to do it for ages but thought it was waaayyy too early then the weather changed so i thought well its now or never!

17. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

Ironing?! Whats that?! :haha:

18. stickylizard

stickylizard Well-Known Member

I adore laundry! But I have OCD... I love everything about it. Zipping/buttoning items beforehand, separating the colours, smelling it all when its clean and wet, hanging it out to dry, folding it up in piles of mine, OH's, Ella's and Toby's and putting it away! I waited til I had bought baby's chest of drawers before I allowed myself to take the tags off and wash new stuff - but Toby's hand me downs were only put away a year ago and only into a wardrobe so didn't need washing, and anything from Ebay was washed as soon as it arrived :]

I am not so much a fan of ironing but I spend extra time when hanging it out that it's super straight so it rarely needs it. In fact I've not ironed in over a year! Xxx

Eta: I use Asda sensitive non bio and Comfort Pure for colours at 40C, Daz and Comfort Pure for whites at 60C, and just Daz no softener for towels at 90C (high temp because its hygienic and no softener because it lessens the absorbency). I've never heard of not using softener, we all have eczema and I find clothes way too crispy against our skin if we don't use it!