enlarged fetal bladder

Didn't realize his was a super old post.

Hi,
Just wanted to pop in as our baby had a similar issue but did not end well. Our baby showed an enlarged bladder at our 12 week scan but my doctors had no idea. We went on to another hospital and unfortunate the baby had no hb @14 weeks. They mentioned a bladder obstruction . Testing came back for no chromosomal issues but hydrophic (swelled) cells so our baby had no chance of survival.

Not sure about any other information or reasoning.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to post some hope since I just went through this situation myself. At our ultrasound at 11 weeks 3 days, everything about our baby looked healthy, except we kept noticing a large black spot in baby's belly. The doctor told that baby's bladder was much larger than it should be and that there is a possibility baby has posterior urethral valves. I guess a "normal" bladder is <6mm but our baby's was 8mm. The doctor immediately started using phrases like "terminate the pregnancy". We were in a fog. The last week has been horrible...lots of crying, praying, and googling.

At 12 weeks, 2 days, we went to a different doctor for another ultrasound. To our surprise, baby's bladder was back to the size it should be! In fact, the doctor was even able to see the baby urinate during the ultrasound appointment so we know the urinary tract is working correctly. In short, the issue self-corrected.

We know we have a long way to go, but we are relieved to know that this issue is hopefully behind us. I am sure there are a lot of other stories of hope out there but people just haven't posted them so I wanted to offer mine so the next mom-to-be in this situation can find something positive to read. Reading medical studies was my lifeline this last week so I suggest looking for those as a bridge of hope, too.

xo

Thank you so much for sharing your stories! I am in the same situation now, had a 12 week US that showed enlarged bladder 10mm. Expert doctor told me not to worry and that 90% cases resolve spontaneously if chromosomes are normal. So far all the test results have come normal and I have an amniocentesis scheduled at 16 weeks when they will again check anatomy. For those who had spontaneous resolution, could you please share how was the rest of the pregnancy and how are the little ones? Were there any health issues after birth?

Thank you so much for sharing your stories! I am in the same situation now, had a 12 week US that showed enlarged bladder 10mm. Expert doctor told me not to worry and that 90% cases resolve spontaneously if chromosomes are normal. So far all the test results have come normal and I have an amniocentesis scheduled at 16 weeks when they will again check anatomy. For those who had spontaneous resolution, could you please share how was the rest of the pregnancy and how are the little ones? Were there any health issues after birth?

hi lovely, my boy didn't have spontaneous resolution but I wanted to wish you the best of luck in hopes that your baby does <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->