Enormous bumps? scared for what the next 10 weeks have in store. Pics now added.

xxLeighxx

mummy to Aaliyah & Seth
Reaction score
Hi ladies, im 30 weeks tomorrow and my bump is enormous, like really big! I was bigger than what I was with my dd at full term about a month ago so im really worried about what the next 10 weeks have in store! I am worried about having a massive baby, tearing, and just generally carrying for the next 10 weeks! My hips and back are already agony from spd and it scares me to think its just going to get more painful! Also ive now started getting stretchmarks which just make me want to cry! Baby was estimated at 2lb 13oz at 28+2, and measurements were between 37th and 77th percentile, with fetal weight being 50th! Ill try and post a pic once I get on my laptop! Anyone else feel like this? Xx

20130507_085209.jpg

20130507_085151.jpg

20130506_194527.jpg

I actually don't feel
Huge I feel tiny but I'm measuring above 75th percentile and baby weighed 2lb 11oz at 28 + 1 so also above average over here. I have another growth scan next week when I'm 32 weeks exactly. Ill let you know baby girls weight then.

I'm not measuring big but I feel huge too, I look in the mirror and honestly can't imagine another 10 weeks growth on top of what I already am!

I measured over at every appointment from 28 weeks, then at 36 weeks I was measuring 41cm so I have been booked in for induction at 38 plus 1 this Thursday because they don't want her getting any bigger. good luck x

I was little with me dd and she was 7lb but as im huge this time im thinking its going to be 10lb lol! Maybe bump size isnt an indicator of baby size then! Docs arent worried about measurements but I have another scan at 34 weeks as baby only has 1 kidney so they will check babys measurements then! I think im more worried about how much im going to grow in 10 weeks as im already so uncomfortable :( do you tgink its possible to slow down?? X

I measured over at every appointment from 28 weeks, then at 36 weeks I was measuring 41cm so I have been booked in for induction at 38 plus 1 this Thursday because they don't want her getting any bigger. good luck x

Oh wow this thursday :) exciting :) hope everything goes well! What has babys estimated weight been? My fundal measurements are bang on so I dont know how my bump is so big, ive not put weight on anywhere else really im just all out front but im so uncomfortable and cant see me lasting another 10 weeks :/ xx

I'm not measuring big but I feel huge too, I look in the mirror and honestly can't imagine another 10 weeks growth on top of what I already am!

Yeh my fundal measurements are right and baby isnt measuring over on my chart but I wapkpast a shop window or mirror and have to double take as im just huge :/ xx

I'm expecting twins so being big is to be expected but it's a nightmare! DHs family keep telling me theyve never seen someone look so pregnant. I'm huuuuge. Babies measured 4lb and 4.9lb at my 32 week scan so I dread to think how much their combined weight is now, 3 weeks later.

I'm expecting twins so being big is to be expected but it's a nightmare! DHs family keep telling me theyve never seen someone look so pregnant. I'm huuuuge. Babies measured 4lb and 4.9lb at my 32 week scan so I dread to think how much their combined weight is now, 3 weeks later.

Aw theyre good weights for twins :) I bet you are feeling it though hey :( I have people asking me if my bump is twins! Least you have an excuse to be big lol! If I go by my estimated weight at 28 weeks and add half a lb a week until 40 weeks then baby will be 8lb 12 ish, thats scary lol xx

I was measuring a week ahead and my bump was really huge. It was getting to the point the weight was causing me a lot of pain and I was 100% positive I couldn't get any bigger and then at just over 36 weeks I woke up and it was half the size, I am guessing he dropped and gone from the twisted position he was in to the right one. Well now I look a lot smaller and feel comfortable even though my 36 week scan suggested he was a bit larger than average. So I guess a massive bump can be just as much about things like position or even how much water you are carrying.

I hope your 34 week appointment goes well. :flower:

I feel big and still have 10 weeks to go, I'm suffering like you. Have spd, a very painful back and joints. I've still got 8 weeks of work too!
I measured 2 weeks ahead at my 28 week appt haven't got another until 34 weeks now. I didn't know they induced you early for a big baby!
I'm alot bigger this time than I was with my first , he was 7lbs 8 :wacko:

I was measuring a week ahead and my bump was really huge. It was getting to the point the weight was causing me a lot of pain and I was 100% positive I couldn't get any bigger and then at just over 36 weeks I woke up and it was half the size, I am guessing he dropped and gone from the twisted position he was in to the right one. Well now I look a lot smaller and feel comfortable even though my 36 week scan suggested he was a bit larger than average. So I guess a massive bump can be just as much about things like position or even how much water you are carrying.

I hope your 34 week appointment goes well. :flower:

Oooh that sounds positive lol! I think its how uncomfortable I am that worries me, if ive had a long day I am almost unable to walk by the end of the day :( im picking up a maternity pillow for bed so I can get more comfy! My friends just had a baby a week overdue and she was huge, and she was 6lb 15oz so there is hopeful xx

I feel big and still have 10 weeks to go, I'm suffering like you. Have spd, a very painful back and joints. I've still got 8 weeks of work too!
I measured 2 weeks ahead at my 28 week appt haven't got another until 34 weeks now. I didn't know they induced you early for a big baby!
I'm alot bigger this time than I was with my first , he was 7lbs 8 :wacko:

I finish work at 36 weeks luckily, but I have this week off, no relaxing unfortunately as we move house next week so im packing up :( what do you do to help relieve the pain? Im so worried at how I can physically last another 10 weeks! I have a mw appt next week so will see what my fundal measurement is then! Cant we surely slow down?? Lol x

Oh wow this thursday :) exciting :) hope everything goes well! What has babys estimated weight been? My fundal measurements are bang on so I dont know how my bump is so big, ive not put weight on anywhere else really im just all out front but im so uncomfortable and cant see me lasting another 10 weeks :/ xx

At 36 weeks they said 8 and half pound, my first was only 7lb and 2nd was 6lb 9onz normal deliveries so not sure why this one is so big! x

At 36 weeks they said 8 and half pound, my first was only 7lb and 2nd was 6lb 9onz normal deliveries so not sure why this one is so big! x

Did they give you a GTT because of the size of bubs? See thats what I want a nice little bubs like my dd was :) I just hope my bump slows down abit as I literally have outgrown all my clothes :( xx

I was huge with my son , but he wasn't massive he was 6 pound 14

I lovingly call my bump gigantabump! I'm mahoooosive too and not sure that I could get any bigger :wacko: I'm measuring +3 weeks too and have a growth scan at 34 weeks so I guess we'll get an idea of how big he's going to be... it does worry me a little as both dd's were only 6lb 15 and 6lb 7 and I don't think I could cope with a 10lber :haha:

I was huge with my son, not sure how big your bump is. But my son was born almost ten pounds 22" long.. Bear in mind his father is 6'5 and I'm 5'11 so we figured

Fruitymeli - thats really reassuring :)

BeautifulD - its not that I dont love my bump, its the fact that nothing barely fits me, even my maternity clothes :/ its becoming costly lol! And im also getting stretchmarks :( im scared about pushing out a 10lber :/

Lomelly - ill try and upload a pic later when im on my computer! Well me and oh arent tall, both 5ft 5" and bubs legs are measuring short 37th percentile but head and abdominal are 75th and 77th percentile and fetal weight is at 50th percentile! Atm no ones told me baby will be big, im just worried as im really big :/

I don't think bump size is related to baby size at all. I have two boys that were 3 1/2lbs and I'm still not all that big. I have waves of discomfort though. It was really bad around 25 weeks or so then got better to where I felt fine. It's come and gone since so maybe it will do the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->