Enormous bumps? scared for what the next 10 weeks have in store. Pics now added.

Hi,

I have just been for a scan at 28 weeks exactly and the baby was measuring at 2lb 11. The one thing that they have found is that I have a high level of amniotic fluid hence why my bump is so big (currently on the 95th percentile for fluid).

I've been booked in for another scan at 32 weeks and have had to go for blood tests to see if I contracted a virus during the pregnancy. They have done a GTT on me and my levels are normal so at least that's one worry over.

I did google things though and have scared myself over what google said (could be a marker for down's or some other issue) - I had to phone my midwife to calm me down.

Did they check your amniotic fluid levels?

xx

Amjon - I think youre right, im probably worrying over nothing although the aches and pains that I can only imagine will increase are scaring me, ive been in town for 3 hours shopping and I want to cry in pain :( back and hips are killing x

Leigh ... I had gtt done at 28 weeks all was clear x

I feel big and still have 10 weeks to go, I'm suffering like you. Have spd, a very painful back and joints. I've still got 8 weeks of work too!
I measured 2 weeks ahead at my 28 week appt haven't got another until 34 weeks now. I didn't know they induced you early for a big baby!
I'm alot bigger this time than I was with my first , he was 7lbs 8 :wacko:

I finish work at 36 weeks luckily, but I have this week off, no relaxing unfortunately as we move house next week so im packing up :( what do you do to help relieve the pain? Im so worried at how I can physically last another 10 weeks! I have a mw appt next week so will see what my fundal measurement is then! Cant we surely slow down?? Lol x

I don't have anything to relieve the pain, I keep my knees together when turning in bed and get dressed sitting on the bed etc. I went shopping also today and it was horrendous, my back is so sore and my right knee and ankle, I don't know why it's all my right side! But I now can hardly walk and turn in bed! X

My bump has grown rapidly over the last few days & my back ache has got worse :(

13 weeks left! How much more can it grow?

I need to start eating healthier to ensure I only gain baby weight from now on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
Yes, I am in this club. At 27 weeks, I measured 31 fundal height. Did a growth scan at 28 weeks and baby was estimated 3lbs. 7oz. in the 80th percentile and some extra fluid in the 95th percentile. The tech said it's probably the combo doing it but I haven't gotten a chance to talk to my OB about it. I'm 30 w, 3days now. Have an appt. with him tomorrow to talk about what he wants to do. Hoping since he never called me he's not too concerned.
As for me, I feel massively uncomforable and irritated.

Attachments

• DSC01523 (470x640).jpg
    DSC01523 (470x640).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
I have big bumps with all mine, yet they've never been over 8lbs :) I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead via fundal height with this one though so a little nervous lol x

yeah I'm in the enormous bump category too

32 + 6

395627_332819406844894_439154923_n.jpg

another 7 weeks of heaviness to get through!

I'm used to it though I always carry big like this.

Aw look at all your bumps :) I do love big bumps I just dont love feeling uncomfortable and worried about a giant bubs lol! I really will upload a pic lol, im halfway through packing up to move so will try and do it when I put DD to bed! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->