Entering the seventh month of trying and frustrated

kcmb0886

Reaction score
DH and I have been TTC #2 since October and we have exactly no additional children to show for it, and also a chemical pregnancy. It's so odd because my cycles are actually regular now. When I got pregnant with DS, my cycles were crazy 8 to ten week cycles and I got pregnant with him on the first try anyway, without any help. It's really mind-boggling. But now here we are. I'm having a rough week. A whole bunch of people I know on Facebook are now happily announcing their pregnancies with due dates in September when my chemical pregnancy would have been due had it been viable. I'm happy for them. I really am. But I'm also really bummed I'm not joining them. To make matters worse, my brother and very pregnant sister-in-law will be visiting us two weekends from now and again, while I love them and am happy for them, I don't actually want to see my SIL right now. Out of sight, out of mind.

I know I'm really just rambling, but I'm having a really hard time right now, and I don't really have anyone to talk to. DH accuses me of being mad at him when I'm really just sad, and I'm sure there's only so much of my pity party he can deal with anyway. And no one else I know really wants to hear about it either.

I know exactly how you feel! We're just about to enter month 7 of TTC #1 and with today's bfn I've been nothing but a pity party!

I have long cycles, have actually only had 4 cycles in those 6 months of trying and I just feel like it's never going to happen. I've only told one friend we're trying and I'm pretty sure that she's fed up of my constant going on about it already.

My husband just says it will take time and we'll get there eventually, but he isn't as desperate for kids as I am, I've been ready for years, he's only been ready since we started trying - if that makes sense?!

I totally get the bummed/jealousy thing too - I'm happy for everyone around me but I want it so bad I can't see past my own envy.

In short I have just concluded that TTC sucks and I'm fed up!

Big hugs to you. It's hard to go through TTC for more than a couple of months, and harder if you're factoring in loss or infertility, but that also means that there is a lot of online support out there because so many of us go through it.

People don't really understand unless they've been through it, and even though our husbands are going through the same journey, it's different for them because it's not their own body, so at times, I think it makes it harder for them to understand what the fuss is about.

So my advice is to keep reaching out to other women that are in the same boat as you, because we know how it feels to go through.

I know exactly how you feel. It took us a bit to conceive DD, but the first cycle I started temping, we did it (we kinda winged it the first few months. I now know I don't ovulate on CD 14 reliably). We have been trying for a year to conceive #2 with two MC and a chemical. The second miscarriage was traumatizing/devastating, even though I knew it wasn't viable after it happened. I have SO many people on my FB due July/Aug/Sept when I was due in July with that one. It's bloody frustrating that I'm not with them anymore/yet.

Just keep at it! I told hubby in December, we'll just keep trying. It was so easy the first time, it's bound to happen again eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. I really hope it's sooner for you too.

In the same boat so i totally understand, we're coming to the end of cycle 7, been trying since July and had 2 months off in the middle. Ds was conceived first go so I've never had to do this while trying really hard, disappointment every month. I'm trying to gear myself up for af arriving in 4-5 days time, I think I know I'm out but also desperately don't want to be devastated again. I'm sorry I have no advice, I just want you to know I understand and you're not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->